Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whats your brand?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:16 pm 

Epic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:11 pm 

As you can see I own a 50D (used with Tamron 17-50 2.8 and Canon 70-200 L). I will see if I can send you some RAWs, at the moment I cannot use my pc with all the photos on it.

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:33 pm 

Ruben - you're too kind!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:48 pm 

I havent said that most of my RAWs are taken in sRAW, which means the 50D's 15MP RAWs are saved as 7.1MP RAWs in-camera. I dont have too many 15MP RAWs, so there is a possibility I cannot send any RAW photo.

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:22 pm 

ZEMBANU wrote:
We both know you dont own any of the newest expensive DSLRs of any brand and you own only cheap and older 2009 and older DSLR which have primitive image computing of any brand.

I'm sure Phil is more than capable of fighting his own battles but for you to call him arrogant yet you call older cameras primitive sounds like a pot calling the kettle black.

Kindly enlighten us all as to the problems of having an older camera if it remains fit for purpose. In three years time, I'd be astonished if the Nikon D800 or the Canon 5D III aren't still leagues above the entry-level Canon or Nikon offerings at the time. Older doesn't inherently mean primitive, obsolete or irrelevant and you'd be doing yourself a favour to stop celebrating such ignorance like it's a virtue.

He at least has a DSLR and has shown he can take striking photos, old gear or not - all you've shown is that you've got a mouth to talk about getting one.

I really don't know if I'm annoyed or on the brink of crying with laughter from all of these posts you've made. I really don't.

CSCs: Panasonic DMC-GF3
Lenses: Panasonic Lumix G 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:08 pm 

ZEMBANU wrote:
rorschach dubai phil is arrogant. yu dont see that and I dont care.

We shall see. It's not as if it'd be the first time you've chopped and changed or reneged on what you've said...

CSCs: Panasonic DMC-GF3
Lenses: Panasonic Lumix G 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:47 pm 

Don't be so `touchy` :roll:

If YOU weren't so arrogant when you've actually asked for help (& LISTENED to it) instead of reckoning you actually know best, even though you have very limited practical knowledge, folk wouldn't be having a laugh at your expense, they'd still be helping you!

BTW, I have an old Grundig radio.....but it still plays modern tunes. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:29 pm 

It's true - you are the caribbean's greatest living comedian!

Name these other forums that you frequent? I haven't seen you on any. I know for a fact that if you frequented any of the large non brand biased forums you would have been shot down in flames far quicker and more directly than in here.

But thanks for giving this forum a little spark and interest with your inane ramblings - it's been great fun.

P.s. it ain't how many megapixels you've got, but how you use them! If you'd seen you may have noticed that I am reasonably proficient with a camera. Any camera. You don't have one, have very little experience, and seem to be one of those people who measurbates over tables and data whilst forming an opinion which people who actually have used these cameras (I.e. including me) may not agree with.

Now at the start of your visits to this site I gave you some advice, followed by other members. You do not take this on board, contradict yourself, and generally go round and round in circles.

That, to me, makes you a fool - and therefore open to ridicule.

If you can't take it then tough.

Try googling a book by Chase Jarvis - the best camera is the one you have with you

You don't have one.

If you did then you'd realize that you can print big with a 4mp camera, let alone an 8, 10, 12, 24, or 36mp camera.

Anyway, in the most non arrogant way possible, I'll stress again. After testing the D800 and D600 extensively for 2 weeks, shooting around 4000 actuations on each (none of which I am going to send you, by the way, but thanks for asking, or should I say demanding!) I am more than happy going back to my trusty old vintage 12 mp camera thank you very much! for my needs, obviously far inferior to yours, it does the job. Sufficiently to earn enough $ for a D800 in the past month if I so wished, which I don't.

And why don't I, because I've got the best balance for what I need in my vintage camera thanks! Cheap and cheerfull full frame loveliness!

If you had a camera then maybe you'd understand.

Unfortunately, which I picked up on very early in your monologues, you never will!

So how many dollars have you got in your piggy bank now, or are you waiting for Santa?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:55 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_GFzFqyaRc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:55 am 

ZEMBANU wrote:
dubaiphil every thing you post here in this thread is an insult to me and meant to be an insult.

Not just words also links pictures vids etc.

Your arrogance is that you think I am open to ridicule because of the pathetic excuse and that on top or your advice
in "the most non arrogant way possible" you insult me again on top of that by telling me I would never own a camera,
and you will always insult me!

I OWN a $2000USD computer you arrogant fool!
and I will own a $5000USD DSLR!

I WILL NOT prove anything else to you dubaiphil

Everything you post on this site hence forth is an INSULT!

WOW!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:59 am 

I'm sure that when you "succeed in business" as you put it, Mr Bank Manager will give you lots of money to burn on fast depreciating consumer electricals!!!!! Congratulations!

Investing in camera bodies is not as advisable as investing in lenses.

But of course you already knew that

Wise sage

But then again you'll have $30,000 in lenses too, and a fast car, a beautiful wife, and a nice vacation apartment

Maybe even a butler

When you grow up!

p.s. - thanks for reiterating the "NERD ALERT"!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:48 am 

It is a free country and I shall continue, thanks

CAPS LOCK - are you angry?

So be constructive, which other forums do you 'frequent'...?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:53 am 

Well obviously your budget has increased now. It's gone from $2000 when you joined the forum to $5000 now.

We are truly humbled and suitably impressed!

Do you remember, when you originally asked for recommendations on a full frame camera with the latest technology for $2000???

Do you remember that there is no camera on the market which fitted your original budget???

Do you remember how that was pointed out to you???

Do you remember that you had to have the latest spec, and it had to be full frame???

Do you remember then going on about Rebels, D3100, D3200, ad infinitum???

Do you remember to take your CAPS LOCK off?

Do you remember your meds???

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:55 am 

So anyway, get your head down, study hard, one day you will succeed in business I'm sure (as long as it doesn't involve the written English language, obviously)

Sorry if that sounds patronising but you are coming across like a schoolboy! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:10 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next