Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whats your brand?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:44 pm 

I think World Peace may occur before you buy a camera.

Judging by North Korea recently, that may be some way off

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:26 pm 

Going to love this. You should have a look at for example the 5D II review, and especially this part about the Picture Style: http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon ... lens.shtml
You have some 6 different Picture Styles to choose from, each getting you a different JPEG. You can change the Styles too, matching Nikon's/Canon's/Sony's/Pentax' or whatever brand's style. Every brand has this function, even el cheapo $40 cameras from the supermarket. Really.
What you can do, in, some minutes (!) is change your camera's JPEG (!) to look like whatever you want. So you can buy a Nikon (which has far better high ISO performance than Canon's DSLRs really, you do not have to believe me, but I am right) and have the photos look like they come from a Canon with both many more megapixels (36MP), thus having more detail, and having better high ISO performance. Why would you buy a Canon then?
If youre so set on Canon, get a Canon 40D, 450D, 50D or 550D then. All great cameras which can learn you to take excellent photographs. They will deliver you mind blowing detail (when equipped with a nice L-lens), and if youre planning to shoot RAW (which almost every photographer with a 5D III or D800(E) does), you both will not see a difference between Nikon and Canon (RAW files do not have any contrast, sharpness, shadows, digital detail or digital sharpness, however you will call them) you will also be able to get the most out of the camera. For instance: interpolation. Interpolation gives you the option to scale up your megapixels as far as you want. So you can buy a Canon 40D (10 MP) and scale it up to 40 MP.
You can, Canon.
:lol:
Without jokes: no, sorry. You really can get 40 MP images. And the best detail, sharpness, shadows etc. With any Canon DSLR and with most other DSLRs since 2007.

Quote:
I think World Peace may occur before you buy a camera.

Judging by North Korea recently, that may be some way off
:lol:

BTW
Why do you think Canon's DSLRs do better at high ISOs? It just is not true. Canon did in the past with their 300, 350, 400 and 450D. After that the Nikons were better.

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:14 pm 

So you went to Digital Rev TV then!!!!!

I thought I was being ignored!

Unfortunately there was one thing that you didn't pick up on:

D800 files look noisy when you pixel peep on the LCD.

However, to compare high ISO noise between models you have to resize the larger resolution camera's image to the same resolution as the lower MP camera.

Guess what - suddenly the D800 is pretty damned impressive. 1 - 1 1/2 stops better than my D700. I know, I've reviewed the D600 and D800 if you remember for a magazine.

Couple that with the colour fidelity at high ISO and not forgetting of course the fantastic dynamic range (that's what will help get you out of trouble when you take your photos because being God like you'll want to shoot in full Manual mode - and of course stuff it up) and you're onto a winner.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:33 pm 

ZEMBANU wrote:
Nikon only appears sharper because of its high pixel resolution in the same 35mm sensor.

That's as big a steaming pile of crap as I've ever read about. I don't recall the lens being used but I've seen the Nikon D800/E take some astonishingly sharp shots, pixel peeping or not. I was pretty sceptical at first when I heard of such a high pixel count with the D800/E but I was amazed how Nikon was able to ramp up the pixel density without sacrificing image quality due to the expected increase in noise.

ZEMBANU wrote:
Do any of you own one or more of the following specific camera models: Canon 650D (T4i) Canon 5D mark3 Nikon D5200 Nikon D3200 & D3100 Nikon D800.

Ruben123, old_Carlos even you dubaiphil and any one else do you own any of those specific models?

I beg your pardon, buddy but you've openly stated to dubaiphil that you will just use him and his advice but will not thank him for it, which sounds less than endearing. Now you're asking him for his help? Are you going to be as indecisive about asking for help and advice as you are about buying a camera?

I'm somewhat curious why you haven't asked about the 600D or 550D? In terms of image quality, neither of them will be that far (if at all) off the 650D. The 650D's key advantage is AF speed and accuracy rather than image quality.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:54 pm 

Slightly off topic (but still relevant I think) How come a few of your posts have (mainly) correct grammar & spelling, are clear, in punctuated sentences & paragraphs .......... then others are mainly not?
Are there 2 people using your login, or are you copy & pasting?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:25 pm 

ZEMBANU wrote:
Yu have a lot of things to tell me.

How yu yuvshow mebthat yu are talking about by giving me photos from your cameras.
Not pics yu uploaded on a website I mean the raw and direct jgep pics from your cameras. Your best cameras and show me for sure how good the pics of your brand abd model really are.

send raw and direct jpeg converted pics to shinra24@hotmail.com

I want to see what yu are talking about.

I can see two problems there right away.

1. RAW files are somewhat personal so I'd be surprised if anybody sends them, especially with the less than polite and humble manner in which you've asked for them - it's like asking a film photographer for the negatives after you've seen his/her photos - you don't do it and even if you do ask, you should have no realistic expectations that they'll oblige you.
  2. If you were half as clued up as you claimed to be, you'd know that RAW files are huge, comfortably exceeding the attachment size limit imposed by most e-mail providers. For some reason, I can't see anybody getting around that by setting up FTP links for their RAW files for you to download when you've rudely demanded to see them.[/quote]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:05 pm 

I don't want to offend anyone, but this seems more like a fight than a discussion. Personally I consider this thread useless, but still, it's actually hilarious :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:15 pm 

I agree with you Piero. :wink:

ZEMBANU, an old saying, which seems to stand true re this thread, "There's none so blind as he who will not see"

Oh & btw, your 2 previous posts (only minutes apart) are the reason I asked my last question. Hmmmm, wind up......or Canon dealer? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:35 am 

ZEMBANU wrote:
Until yu or some1 else sends me pics to my email with details of wat camera brand and model. focal length aparture and ISO I can only trust those who have real pics snd vids to show. Gordon Lang, digitalrev.com, the-digital-picture.com.

You've frankly made unrealistic demands. Aside from the technical impracticalities I mentioned that you seem to have ignored, you don't break etiquette by asking for the digital equivalent of negatives from relative strangers to "prove" a point or otherwise. If somebody gives them out under their own volition, fair enough but you don't ask people for them.

What you can do is show some initiative and use Google to find RAW images taken by the cameras mentioned - I've found no shortage of results on a quick spot check of my own. So much for the thorough research you've allegedly conducted...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:59 am 

I blame his bipolar typing on this:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:01 am 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:37 am 

I'm not a Canon user, but I do have to admit one thing....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:38 am 

They do have a very intuitive menu system....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:46 am 

Yes, I've been doing some research of my own. This definitely blows all the other brands out of the water completely....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:46 am 

I hate to admit it, but ZEMBANU might be onto something...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next