Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:43 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sony NEX-6
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:37 pm 

Hi,

I find it surprising that no one has shown any interest in Sony's new NEX-6 camera. It gets good reviews and I'm considering buying one of these as a sort of Christmas present to myself.

Has anyone got personal experience or an opinion on this admittedly, very new camera?

Many thanks.

Post subject: Re: Sony NEX-6
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:16 am 
Site Admin

I had a quick play with on at Photokina and really liked it. It's arguably better than the NEX-7, so long as you're happy with 16 rather than 24 Mpixels.

We'll have a review of it as soon as Sony get's one out. They can be very slow though...

Gordon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:19 pm 

Hi,

16Mpixels is arguably a better resolution for this size of sensor and probably more than enough for my needs.

I had hoped that the NEX-6 would fit the bill as a family camera and be equally good for video and stills, but this comment by Johnnie Behiri about its video abilities does make me wonder:

http://vimeo.com/53344694

There is of course a possible replacement for the NEX-7 appearing just over the horizon. However, a bit like computers, in the camera world there is always something new and exciting just over the horizon.

Stephen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:12 am 
Site Admin

Hi, we've finished our in-depth Sony NEX 6 review!

We also have a new official thread for discussing it at:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32106

So I'll lock this thread now!

Gordon

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]