Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:31 pm 

I tried to keep things minimalistic. How'd I do?

http://www.paulwennekes.nl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:09 am 

The website itself is great... to the point, shows your work well and the black background helps bring the photos out a lot.

Might help to have an indication of which city you're based in, I get it that you're in the Netherlands, but it might help :)

In terms of content in your portfolio, there are a lot of great photos in there, but there are definitely some that are in there that either should be either removed or made smaller (the two-image per line style), while there are some that are in that smaller format that should be made bigger! For example... in your Winter Landscapes, the photo looking down from the hill(?) toward the church... the composition and content doesn't warrant being in that portfolio alongside amazing images like the two that are in the 4th row (bike at night and the cabin at night - much stronger images and I wanted to see them bigger!). The last two images in that portfolio section also don't add much to your body of work as it currently stands... Maybe a B&W conversion would help since they're fairly monochrome as it stands?

Great website though and great photographs :)

Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 7D | Canon Digital Rebel XSi | EF 35mm f/1.4L | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | EF 135mm f/2L | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | 580EX II | LumoPro LP-120

My Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:01 pm 

Thanks!

It's nice to hear some critique as precise as yours! I often find it difficult to objectively judge my photos since I obviously have my own memories that they're linked to, and sometimes that may get in the way of judgement. I'll think about what you said. I'm going to add a portrait section soon, but I want to get everyones permission before I upload those photos. As for the size of the photos, they do not always reflect how good I think the images are; sometimes I may have a strong image, but it could be a little blurry (this counts for the cabin at night picture for instance) which is something that becomes a bit more apparent on a larger scale. As for the personal information, I plan to add an "about" section, with a little bit more info about who I am, what I do, etc.