Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: For 4xxxx
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:39 pm 

Another from Saturday morning. I know you like to see autumn colours and this, once the mist lifted a bit, shows where we are at the moment. I'll try to get back, work and weather permitting, over the next couple of weeks and provide an update. I have to say, though, that I could do with a spell of your dry, warm Australian weather for a time.

From Orrest Head 7 by warth man, on Flickr

Post subject: Re: For 4xxxx
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:30 am 

Very nice, warth man.

I'm currently trying to negotiate my way into a great location to shoot early morning fog here in Dubai. Fingers crossed.

A high location with skyscrapers peeking through the mist is one of the major things on my photography bucket list.

To be posted soon, hopefully :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:08 am 
Wow...very nice!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:45 am 

Thank you Phil, Adam. I have no doubt that your results from Dubai will be spectacular Phil. They already are without mist!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:10 pm 

Really nice shot, good work! I wish we had fog like that here in Mexico City, it'd be really nice :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:35 pm 

Nice shot warth man, it's a good few years since I was up in the Lakes and I'm thinking that I ought to go back there sometime.

There are areas down here in Somerset where I would get some good early morning mist, but I haven't had the drive to get up that early in the morning to travel to these places :oops: one day..

Pentax k-30 and k-x with DAL 18-55mm and DAL 55-300mm, Tamron 18-50mm and Camera Labs Straps.....hang on, where's my towel?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:15 am 

Thanks warth man, I think the mist adds to the shot and I miss the colours of autumn here. I'll have to go down to the southern states for that. Most of our trees are ever green or palms and winter temps are around 21-24 most days. As for rain we would like some, we got 10mm (3/8") this week, I think its the first for around 80 days but the dams are 90% +.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:54 am 

nice, bit over winter down here in the southern states. Starting to get typical spring weather and after a few cold and rainy days its sunny and 22c.

Canon Powershot S95, Canon 6D,7D, Canon 40 2.8 STM, Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC, Canon 17-40 L, Canon 15-85, Canon 85 1.8, Sigma 30 1.4, 50mm 1.8, Canon 100 2.8L Macro, Canon 70-300L +Kenko 1.4 Pro 300DGX, Canon 430EX II and RS 4 Classic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:13 am 

You're welcome 4xxxx. Thanks for the comments everyone. Arthur, it should take you about five hours to get here, or somewhat less time to find your own early morning mists! It's the best time of day for me. Pierovera, I suspect things are too warm in Mexico for this kind of mist, unless you get up to your high places. Perhaps you could get some pics from there for us?

I suspect that this morning would be a good one to go back for another take at Orrest Head but work has spilled into the weekend and I have a shedload to do. It kept me at home yesterday (but I got another sunset) and will do the same today. Shame, but I'll still try to get more autumn colours. We are lucky here in that respect and the folk in Canada and the NE USA will no doubt have fantastic opportunities. I'm afraid I don't know as much as I should about other countries at this time of year. It is over six years now since I had an Oz/NZ fix and I feel the need, especially with maxjj commenting about the temperature down there just now - but I think Canada is next on the list. Never been there and want to put that right.