Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: London City Views
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:06 pm 
Well here are my first few pictures (hoping these meet Forum rules _ I think they do) taken with the EOS600D / 18-200MM Zoom Canon EFS /

Some very bright days which were great but also challenging for me as a bit of a newcomer to the world of Photography. Nothing stunning here just some pictures showing various things. On some fo them I can see my composition is a bit wack and shadows/over exposure seems everywhere. Some night shots taken from 18 floor up.

Messed about with braketing etc to get these that were about the best and minimal editing (cropping and some blemish removal).

Be nice to me :D

Ok so we arrived around 11pm and I took this photo on full auto with the camera and no zoom ..just to be able to compare what i would be able to do with it...

Untitled by Gkinghorn, on Flickr

So set up various exposure levels etc and began shooting to see what I could manage...

and this which i found very very hard to get sharp enough and this was about as good as I got .. maybe close to 1 mile away

Now out and about next day down by the Tower of London I couldnt resist an Old and New comparison.... think I could have got the modern building (the brand new "Shard" in London) a bit more in the centre of that tower ..its out a bit ..and also perhaps cut off the more modern windows on the right hand side now that i look at it... Seems to be a lot of blue here though and I had hoped for slightly better contrast between the Shard and the sky..

Close up

now some other general one's taken as we crossed Tower bridge..

Too much shadow bottom right in this?

Half-way up the building ...

and I just thought this guy was such a great contrast in the shoppers around Covent Garden as he went about his sermon! I havent edited this picture at all...as it came out camera...

Where we lived ..from the ground looking up (some lens flare removed as it suffered quite badly from it)

And after taking a few photographs along the skyline I sticthed them together ..

Landscape London by Gkinghorn, on Flickr

And I took a fair few pictures of St Pauls but not good enough to get rid of the crane that jutts into the frame...(its on my list to do)