Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:11 pm 
I'm waiting for camera labs to review it before i decide which of these 3 cameras i will buy: Panasonic TZ30, Canon powershot SX260 HS, Sony HX30V.
No other site gives as good and detailed reviews as camera labs does..

In the SX240 HS / SX260 HS review they said this about the HX30V: "Look out for a detailed review soon!"
That was in may..
I'm running out of patience.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

I'm running out of patience too! Sony has become terrible at sending products to test so I've fallen behind on their models. The review will come, but I don't know when, sorry!

I will have an HX200 review soon though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:37 am 
Ah i see.
Thanks for the reply.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:20 pm 
I've been looking into the reviews for the HX20V (essentially the same as the HX30V but without wifi) and there's some rave reviews and high scores for it too!

I'm a bit hesitant because (despite the high scores) this camera doesn't have any Aperture or Shutter Priority modes on dial so I'm keen to hear what Gordon or any owners out there thinks of it!

Granted that this is a P&S Have you still found this to be a top camera despite its omissions, or do you still wish it had the priority modes?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

As promised, here's our Sony HX200V review, but sadly no sign of the HX30V yet...