Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:00 pm 

Thanks Lorride - much appreciated!

I also found this article after posting, which is really good.

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Phot ... ained.aspx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:16 pm 

For those still debating if they should get the cheaper mk2 or pay more for the shiny new mk3, Lensrentals have recently done testing on AF system accuracy. They show that, with the right lenses, the mk3 focuses measurably more accurately.

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:07 pm 

popo wrote:
For those still debating if they should get the cheaper mk2 or pay more for the shiny new mk3, Lensrentals have recently done testing on AF system accuracy. They show that, with the right lenses, the mk3 focuses measurably more accurately.

I saw that review, after finding a link somewhere else. It is quite informative! The more I learn about the 5D3, the more I am grateful that I elected to purchase a pre-owned 5D1, nice pre-owned L lens, and a 580EX II with the money I could have spent on a 5D2. The 5D3 seems to be a significant step forward, well worth the wait, even though that wait may extend to late 2013 or into 2014.

Canon 7D/5D/40D/1D2N; Nikon F6, D700, FM3A, & Coolpix A; Canon 40mm 2.8 STM, 135L, 50L, 35L, 50mm 1.8 I, 100mm 2.8L Macro, 10-22mm EF-S, 28-135 EF, 400mm 5.6L; Nikkor 50mm 1.2 AI-S, 50mm 1.4G, 50mm 1.8D, 16mm 2.8D Fisheye, 180mm 2.8D, 100-300mm 5.6 AI-S, 18mm 2.8D, Voigtlander 90mm f/3.5 SL II

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:56 am 
hi ladies and gentle men and special to Gordon im from Bradford local boy ^^ of the mark iii owners club i just a few question hope you could advise me.

im planning on buying the canon 5d mar iii this week but im unsure where to buy it from here in he UK the prrices are high compared overseas.

ive been on e-bay uk and found digital rev they really good bundles like

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Mk 3 Body+BG-E11 Battery Grip+Gifts-OXTQ for £2,222.00

i have seen their website they seem to be with good with customer services especially after service also i think if i custom's charge me tax they will cover it.

i sent them an e-mail regarding the custom tax and the manual and power cord being Uk compatibility i got his email back from them

To confirm, even if your parcel was charged with import duties, our company will cover the cost of it. We would like to inform you that since our products are from the Asia-Pacific market, they would normally be the Asian versions. Therefore, the original battery charger may be the Japanese type. If this is the case, we will include an AC adapter at 110-240V which will be suitable for use with US/UK/EU/AU power points. The manual will be in dual language: Japanese/Chinese. Therefore, we will include the manual in English (photocopied) for our customers.
We offer our own 12 month international seller's warranty, which means that in case you find a fault with the camera/lens, provided that it is confirmed to be a manufacturing defect by the repair centre, repair and return postage cost will be covered by us. Please note it may be repaired locally or maybe sent back to Hong Kong for repairs depending on the cost of the repair quote you provide for us.

Thanks for the inquiry. We look forward to hear from you.

i just wanted to ask what your experience was with digital -rev did you purchase from them if you are frrom the UK

also if you could recommend other company which offers cheap or slimier prices to digital rev which you have purchased and have experience with the company,just want to know where you purchased your mark iii from.

im just making sure i buy it from the wright place before i blow 2 grand on the product with/without proper customer service, its my first time buying from overseas.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:37 pm 

Hi essa. If you do decide to purchase from DigitaRev, it would be good if you could do it by clicking via the link at the top of the board 8) (no extra cost to yourself)

They seem to have a good reputation. (unlike some internet sites. eg p**cams `based` in Cumbria. Be careful! :wink: )

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:41 pm 
oldCarlos wrote:
Hi essa. If you do decide to purchase from DigitaRev, it would be good if you could do it by clicking via the link at the top of the board 8) (no extra cost to yourself)

They seem to have a good reputation. (unlike some internet sites. eg p**cams `based` in Cumbria. Be careful! :wink: )

thanks oldCalos i not sure what you mean by clicking via the link at the top of the board , the product i have seen is listed on the ebay site but on their website they dont have that same offer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:48 pm 

Hi essa. There's a link at the top of the page next to the Camera Labs logo. (it says Free shipping & has a van & cameras next to DigitalReview) Didn't know they had different sites.

btw, I'm not too far from you. I live near Skipton. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:59 pm 
oldCarlos wrote:
Hi essa. There's a link at the top of the page next to the Camera Labs logo. (it says Free shipping & has a van & cameras next to DigitalReview) Didn't know they had different sites.

btw, I'm not too far from you. I live near Skipton. :wink:

hahha dahh top of the page how blind am i lol yeh i know they do free shipping but i was worried about custom taxing me but i think digitl will refund the tax cost.

apparently they 6 different e-bay id sites; one for each region

omg world small place, what is your occupation, im looking to be 2nd assistant of local photographer in my area so i can learn more by the way nice to meet you m8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:06 pm 

I don't expect you'll have any probs with DR. 8)

I like to think i'm semi-retired .......but my `moneyboss` thinks otherwise! :lol: :roll:

Good luck with your purchase & learning the trade. Let us know how you get on. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:46 pm 
oldCarlos wrote:
I don't expect you'll have any probs with DR. 8)

I like to think i'm semi-retired .......but my `moneyboss` thinks otherwise! :lol: :roll:

Good luck with your purchase & learning the trade. Let us know how you get on. :wink:

Calos did you get my pm.

dam paypal saying you've reached your sending limit and can't complete this payment.

you can lift your sending limit by confirming that this is your bank account. Once you have confirmed that this is your bank account, we have enough information about you and are able to lift your sending limits.

have to wait couple of days to change limit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:27 pm 

Hi Everybody

I am happy/mad/excited and what not to inform you all that i am now owner of 5d mk3..

I was gifted this beauty by my friend's brother to whom i have recommended for job opportunity in way back 2006 , he was so grateful that on my birthday which happened to be on 31st of Aug , gifted me this beauty.. What can i say about him??? This was my dream camera and now i hold it in my hands... cant ask anything better than this..

Let me come back to all of you with my photos in coming days..

Cheers
Mano

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:36 pm 
dilbarmano wrote:
Hi Everybody

I am happy/mad/excited and what not to inform you all that i am now owner of 5d mk3..

I was gifted this beauty by my friend's brother to whom i have recommended for job opportunity in way back 2006 , he was so grateful that on my birthday which happened to be on 31st of Aug , gifted me this beauty.. What can i say about him??? This was my dream camera and now i hold it in my hands... cant ask anything better than this..

Cheers
Mano

wow congtz your one lucking person, cant wait for the picture you upload, now that you have the body which didn't cost you thing, you can invest your money in some really awsome L glass im so jealous wright now grr ^^.

your brother friend is kind hearty person hope you will repay him some day some how.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:18 am 

essa wrote:
dilbarmano wrote:
Hi Everybody

Cheers
Mano

wow congtz your one lucking person, cant wait for the picture you upload, now that you have the body which didn't cost you thing, you can invest your money in some really awsome L glass im so jealous wright now grr ^^.

your brother friend is kind hearty person hope you will repay him some day some how.

Thanks for your wishes essa , but the reason why he gifted me is that long time back i favoured him by recommending him for a IT job at my friends company , keeping that in mind , he has shown such a sweet gesture to me.. whatever i can do to him , i have done that as he is settled man in life now :)

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:04 am 
got my canon 5d mark iii finally with kit lens woahooooo so excited, since its been here i been practicing and tsting it on family they sick of me lol.

it seem there is bit sallow dept of field with this lens 24 -105 any advise on how to get the maximum bokkah, il post some picture tomorrow.

also for portrait what metering shall i use spot?

also the what auto focus should i use one shot , al focus ? whats the difference

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:13 am 

essa wrote:
got my canon 5d mark iii finally with kit lens woahooooo so excited, since its been here i been practicing and tsting it on family they sick of me lol.

it seem there is bit sallow dept of field with this lens 24 -105 any advise on how to get the maximum bokkah, il post some picture tomorrow.

also for portrait what metering shall i use spot?

also the what auto focus should i use one shot , al focus ? whats the difference

Congrats on getting this beauty.. yep .. keep practicing , there are lots of functions within inside and we all need to master them by checking which we require most..

Now coming to your point of shallow depth of field , yes 24-105 has for F4 as max app and your focussing shud be spot on to get that nice bokeh feel.. You need to be more close to the subject and maintain distance between ur subject and their background.. remember the more the distance between your subject and background , the more bokeh you are going to get and avoid fuzzy backgrounds , they create distraction..

regarding metering , it depends , most of the time evaluate metering is fine and i use it unless i want only one particular part of my subject to be more accurate and highlighted..

Difference between ONE SHOT and AI FOCUS is , ONE SHOT is more useful when your subject is standstill like portraits , landscapes , where you will have more time to shoot and it is more useful when you can lock your exposure , like first focus on the subject eyes and by NOT removing your finger from the shutter button , you change your angle and click on the button , this works amazing in this focussing system.

AI Focus is a bit of AI Servo and ONE SHOT , if your subject moves all of a sudden , then it starts hunting for the moving subject and stays focussed , if the subject is standstill , its just like ONE SHOT , however i think it takes time in general to focus on sudden moving subjects.. not sure as i hardly used it till now , since my interest is bird photography , i always select AI Servo which suits me better..

Hope i replied to your points.. Keep clicking and post some photos taken from this beast :D .. Happy clicking

Cheers
Mano

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next