Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:29 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:42 am 
High brightness condition... what’s the best choice?

I'd like to take pictures of a reactor... yes...for industry application.

I actually do that often, but pictures are not so good with usual cameras. Reactor has a cobalt blue glass on the front, which minimizes the high light condition, but I still have shocked colors results anyway. At the same time, I have to do a extremely zoom inside the view port because I have to observe some aspects inside it and they are at a few meters ahead, something around 10-15 meters (33-49 ft) at least, but increase detail with more zoom capacity is welcome.

Camera need to have good articulated LCD screen and good panorama shooting mode.

Normally, low light ambient is the problem, but my problem is definitely the opposite :) .

I was considering some superzoom cameras like Pan FZ150 or Sony HX100V, but I’m really worried about the high light condition.

I havent experience with cameras, so, do you have some tip about what camera fix better to this scenario?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:21 am 
Site Admin

Is the problem that the subject is too bright?

If it's still too bright even with the smallest aperture and the fastest shutter speed, you'll need to fit something called a neutral density filter which blocks out a lot of light - like sunglasses for cameras! Obviously to do so, you'll need a lens with a filter thread. All DSLR lenses do, but if you're using a non DSLR, check the manufacturer specs to see if it has a filter thread.

Gordon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:36 pm 

Or if you are holding the camera with one hand you can just hold the ND filter in front of the lens if it has no filter thread.

Canon EF 28-80mm 3.5-5.6 USM + EF 24-105mm 4L IS USM + EF 100-400mm 4.5-5.6L IS USM + EF 50mm 1.8 II + EF 100mm 2.8L Macro IS USM + Sigma 12-24mm 4.5-5.6 EX DG HSM + Canon Speedlite 580 EX II + Nissin Speedlite Di 466

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:14 pm 
Ok guys, I got the idea.

But I still have doubt about camera model. I'm not sure about the model itself. Should I go forward with superzoom cameras like Sony HX100V and Panasonic FZ150?

Regards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:05 pm 

If you want a high reach with your camera such a superzoom bridge camera is the cheapest choice :wink:

Personally I think I'd rather go for the Panasonic. http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panas ... oise.shtml

Canon EF 28-80mm 3.5-5.6 USM + EF 24-105mm 4L IS USM + EF 100-400mm 4.5-5.6L IS USM + EF 50mm 1.8 II + EF 100mm 2.8L Macro IS USM + Sigma 12-24mm 4.5-5.6 EX DG HSM + Canon Speedlite 580 EX II + Nissin Speedlite Di 466