Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: We have a winner!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:58 am 
Gordon Laing wrote:
Big Pix, you now have the pleasure of choosing the assignment topic for March. Please reply to this thread to let us know what you've chosen before February 29th!

....... the brain is working overtime to pick a subject that can be approached with a DSLR or a P&S camera........ time for a quite beer and a think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:30 am 

Congrats to our Big Pix...

What fun that contest was.... And thank you Luis, and Gordon for providing us such a whooopeeeee fun thing to do..and to Bob for choosing the topic.

Drazen, I am working on it, gosh dang me...it is a great one, look at all of the entries...(none from California, yet). :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Am stuffed full of cake, and off to snooze.

wonder what Big Pix will think up..

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:33 am 
Congrats Big Pix.

Maybe the next topic will be..... bird pictures? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:09 am 

patti wrote:
Congrats to our Big Pix...

What fun that contest was.... And thank you Luis, and Gordon for providing us such a whooopeeeee fun thing to do..and to Bob for choosing the topic...

Always nice to be appreciated but I must demur. luis chose the topic: I just did the grunt work setting up the thread.

Congratulations Big Pix.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:50 am 
....... thanks everyone....... well now, I have had a few quite light beers, and a think, and have come up with a subject that can be interpreted in many different ways....... can be shot with a Point and Shoot, or any DSLR, or any lens, depending on what you are shooting..... it can be old or it can be new, it can be still or it can be moving, the choice is yours......

the challenge for March will be ....... "TIME"....... and your submitted image must be shot in the month of March 2008, along with a few words about your submitted image if possible but not necessary, just trying to make it interesting

here are some hints, a moment in time, a place in time, aged with time, space and time....... now, there is enough to get you thinking

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:51 am 
Site Admin

Great idea BP! Looking forward to seeing the interpretations!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:57 pm 

Time?! Hehe, I can see Phil Lee coming forward with a macro-shot from one of his watches :wink:
But wait, what are the rules now? Has to be shot in the month of the assignment? (or the EXIF data manipulated accordingly :twisted: )
Yes or no??

B.t.w. Congrats Big Pix!
((and 3000th post, woohoo))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:18 pm 
Congratz Thomas! quite an achievement!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:50 am 
Site Admin

Yep, the photo should be taken during the month of March 2008.

And congrats on your 3000+ posts Thomas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:18 am 
Congrats Big Pix, When I had seen your shot I had a feeling you would win. well done.

"Time" I like the idea. however did you come up with the idea? :lol: :wink: 8) :lol:

Nick

Ps. BigPix. . . . I like you new "Avatar" can you edit it and put a bird on top of you hat? 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:16 am 
Nick12984 wrote:
"Time" I like the idea. however did you come up with the idea? :lol: :wink: 8) :lol:
Nick

....... lots of quite beers....... {they were talking to me} :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

I am going to have trouble getting this one right.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:30 am 
Congratulations BigPix!

I'm gonna make sure I enter this one nice and early. I've missed quite a few already. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:39 am 
Time.....

One of the most abstract word ever created by human kind. This submission will be a real blast, and i will try to figure something out.

I guess we have to allow some level of postprocessing in this submission? And is there also a limited timespan that the picture must be taken in marsch?

I guess Salvador Dali would have won that submission.

/K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:05 am 
Khol wrote:
I guess we have to allow some level of postprocessing in this submission?

/K

Hey Khol,

I looked through the sticky with rules and it doesn't say anything - one way or the other - about post processing. I believe you can post-process as much as you like.

Personally I agree with this - an image is a creative process and it would be arbitrary in my opinion, to restrict one set of techniques for bringing out good images.

Besides, nanosecond after the light hits the sensor, everything the camera does is post-processing.

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:42 am 
Congrats on the win Big Pix!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next