Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:39 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:09 am 

Shamelessly bumping this thread... in all seriousness though this video shows some amazing wildlife still photography shot be some of the world's best including several from national geographic. This area and the wildlife in it is so dear to my heart and this video brings focus to its greatest threat at this time.... Oil.

I am and will always be heavily involved in the conservation of this area and its great to see such renowned photographers pay tribute to it and try to show the world what we might just loose. Many of the people in this video I have met and had the honor to speek with and in a few instances shoot side by side with them. The one person who seems to stand out above the rest to everyone including the people in this video is the native american guild who does tours looking for the spiritbear. I had the honor of him being my guide for 2 days on the trip above and he truely is an amazing human being... he has done so much and yet is still so humble....

When I watch the time and effort this project put into photographing the spirit bear it makes me realise just how unique my time spent there really was.

If you have 42 minutes watch this.. the still photography will astound you... at least it did me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3bKmz4od3g

Reflections On Canadian Wildlife
My Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:26 am 

Hi Wolfsong,

I have to thank you for sharing that video, it's really beautiful and I think that all effort should be put in protecting these places, I have always looked for places like this one and I've tried to do my best in helping in the protection of them and actually it's a little embarrassing that this one slipped by.
Anyways, I hope I'll get to visit this place someday, it's really beautiful. Thanks again for sharing this video, so good to see you care about nature :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:05 am 

Well after watching the video above I decided to go back and revisit the images I took on that trip. I must say it brought back a lot of fond memories and I had forgotten just how many images I took that trip. With that I picked a quick 4 that I hadn't worked on before and thought I would add them here seeing this area is once again in the news...

After watching the video I was reminded once again just hoe rare these bears are. We were told back then that in 15 years of observing these bears on an almost daily basis that had been the first time he had managed to capture 2 in one frame.... and it happened 2 times for us on that trip!

I don't remember what happened here but I do remember it was a complete mistake. I had just almost tripped and the camera had hit a rock changing some of the settings. Sometimes mistakes can make for unique photographs.... this might make for an interesting thread in the general forums... show us your "best mistakes" :twisted:

Reflections On Canadian Wildlife
My Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:30 pm 

great shots

Got some of the gear but really still no idea...:)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:43 am 

Wolf, thanks a ton for sharing the link.
It must be really unique experience getting to meet the elusive spirit bear in its habitat!
Fantastic shots too.
Amazing video and did tug at the heart string……we must try all out to stop the destruction of such a place.
Looking at the smoke bellowing from the oil fire, it felt as if mankind’s future was in flames……we all have to wake up to the facts and support the conservation efforts.

Regards,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46710427@N07/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:31 pm 

It's a powerful video, thanks for sharing Wolfsong!