Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:18 pm 

Hello Rob, and welcome to the friendly Camera Labs forum!
To enjoy your stay here please have a look at the house-rules!
----
You captured the big white cloud that is so typical for many of New Zealand's coastlines. Are you originally from NZ or moved from abroad to Central Otago?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:59 pm 

moved here from the UK in 2011. i spent 6 mnths working across the North island in 2010 and at the end of it was offered a job here in central.....didnt think twice about it and within 3mnths we moved here.

loving it.

Cheers

Rob

Got some of the gear but really still no idea...:)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:17 am 

Hi Rob, welcome to Queenstown! Are you going to come along to our new Camera Club? Perhaps you already have. Meetings 1st Monday of the month at the Goldridge 7pm.
Cheers
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:06 am 

Didnt know about it but i certainly could !

Cheers

Rob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:36 pm 
Thanks you Gordon for the fantastic pictures and information on New Zealand. I also wanted to let you know that I found your information videos very helpful. I am new to digital photography and you answered my questions about operation my t3i on the manual settings.

Thanks again,
Dianne

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:13 am 
Great thread, thanks for the info! I'll be in New Zealand for only a week in mid-October, but plan on making the absolute most of it. I'm going to travel around the south island as much as possible, so my girl and I will be exploring QT and the surrounding area. Can't wait! I've heard nothing but amazing things about NZ, and I'm sure as incredible as the pictures are (and they all are), they do the landscapes and the island no justice!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:30 am 

Hey Adam make the most of your week here..its really a too short a time to see everything so pick and choose where you want to go.

I strongly recommend Milford Sound for a day trip and when in Queenstown make sure you take the gondola up to the skyline, enjoy the luge (its massive amounts of fun) and also the best views.

October is a great time to be here as snow will still be on the tops but the weather will be warming up nicely. :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:56 am 
Unfortunately, its way too short. I'm thinking about flying over for a 3 or 4 day weekend sometime before then, to go off for a few days hike. My girl isn't really into it as much as I am, so I'd like to get to experience one while I can. I have a lonely planet book for just the south island, I just need to sit down and read it still. Its going to be so hard to plan for only a week trip, as I'm sure there's a ton to see. I appreciate the recommendations though, the sound looks breath taking.

I'll probably need to hit up Arrowtown at some point. My better half is big into her wine, and Gibbston Valley looks like a perfect spot to take her.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:15 am 

Absolutely !! Gibbston Valley is perfect for that and Arrowtown is great for shopping and lunch/dinner.

If you need any recommendations or you want to sound out ideas then send me a message here on the forums, would be glad to help.

If you are looking at doing a track for a few days then you must look at the Kepler track or Hollyford track...must do's for any keen hiker !

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:23 am 
Thanks, I really appreciate that! I'll most likely message you when it gets a bit closer. Cheers mate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:28 pm 
Just got home from New Zealand this past Sunday...by far the most beautiful place I've ever been. I have a ton of pictures to go through, but kinda stuck without power for hopefully only another few days and not sure when I can post some up. Will try to post them soon!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:42 am 

Hope you had some good weather and managed to get to see some of our superb vistas. :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:01 pm 
A few days were cloudy/rainy, but overall great weather. The rain blocked Mt Cook and the glaciers from me every chance I tried to see them, however two perfect, sunny days out on the Doubtful Sound made up for that. Guess I got lucky 8)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:59 am 

shame the rain blocked your view of Mt Cook....i guess i am kind of lucky as i get to be there when its great weather... here is a recent snapshot of Aoraki for you.. this is what you missed..

Panorama 2-1 by robbon44, on Flickr

Panorama 3-1 by robbon44, on Flickr

was going to enter this in Oct comp but only finished processing today :(

sorry you missed the mountain, hope Doubtful was cool tho :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:12 pm 
Those are awesome! It was windy for me most days, so I barely got any of that calm, reflective water I usually see in your shots. Still, beautiful place. When I come back hopefully i'll get better luck at Aoraki.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next