Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Live rock show tips?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:10 am 
Hey hey CL fellows!

I'm going to this underground rockshow to explore in a new environment. Obviously I'm doing my first experiences for free but who knows, might try to eventully make a buck or two out of it nothing to quit my day job lol). Any tips on what kind of effects could be cool to try or some types of special settings you recommand? I'm expecting the room to be dark and the stage to have moving spotlights of different colors. Should I block my iso at 3200 or even 1600? (it goes till 6400 but noisy as hell).

Thanks for you input gentlemen!

Post subject: Re: Live rock show tips?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:27 pm 

If you're looking for decent low light performance, have you considered hiring/buying a lens with an f/2.8 aperture or faster (assuming that it's financially viable)?

With this show you're going to, have you checked with the management to see if you'd be allowed to take your camera? A lot of clubs, shows and concerts don't allow DSLRs to be taken in because of a perception of you taking "professional quality" with the intent of selling them without their permission.

CSCs: Panasonic DMC-GF3
Lenses: Panasonic Lumix G 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:40 am 

No cool effects, but I posted some basic concert photography guidelines a while back. Although the post was geared toward the TZ7, the concepts can be applied to any camera.

Not sure this is the most appropriate section for this thread/topic, tho - Mark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:26 am 
Definatly right about the section of the thread... My bad.

I went to read your previous post. Thanks I'm sure thats gonna be usefull. Specialy the white balance setting, i do have the habit of leaving it on auto. Also I think I'll go fully manual for this one, and only compensate with the iso when necesary.

I did nt check with the bar for permission to shoot, thanks for the heads up! Good call for the lense, if i get more into that type of photography i'll definatly consider getting a small f lense. And it can be use in other environment as well...

Thanks for your help guys! Cheers!