Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:08 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: help for a camera
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:08 pm 
Hello, I'm a high school student and I need help with choosing a practical camera which is durable and a great compact, ricoh cameras died on me at times of interest in my school trips, first one died on the bus in a middle of a thunderstorm and the other one died on a ski trip on the first day, even though it was completely functional at other points of cold temperatures.
So I'm wondering what camera I could use, it needs to be compact, light, durable and with a large array of tools, including a fully functioning video tool, possibly HD. If anyone can help me, I'd love it :)
It also needs to be relatively cheap, since I'm saving up for it. It is for a Paris trip for school, I need a new camera since I'm relying on a iPod 4 Gen camera and I haven't had a camera for nearly a year. If you have ideas, please tell me :)

Post subject: Re: help for a camera
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:33 pm 

Welcome to the forum! Firstly do you have a budget in mind? It would be useful to know before we go making recommendations that are above or below the quality you can afford? By the sounds of it a decent compact camera with HD video is what you are looking for.

Gordon has a section of the website dedicated to reviews and best cameras for the money.

http://www.cameralabs.com/buyers_guide/ ... mera.shtml

I am not the best person to give advice on specific models but there are some good ones made by Canon, Panasonic, Sony and Nikon. Although it really does depend on budget. Once we know this we can begin narrowing it down.

Hope this helps,

James

Oh that is so lame, every hot girl who can aim a camera thinks she’s a photographer -Stewie Griffin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:11 pm 
thank you jamie for your help,
the budget is well up to £300, that is all I have currently

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:31 pm 

A variety of camera manufacturers are now offering some great durable weather-sealed options this year. The Go Pro HD is geared more towards video, but is definitely a great option. It is geared towards the outdoor active customers, and can take quite a beating.

The Nikon AW100 is another camera offering shockproof, waterproof, freezeproof.

Panasonic offers the Lumix DMC-TS20 and the Lumix DMC-TS4 which both have shockproof, waterproof and freezeproof options.

If video is more important to you, the Go Pro HD is probably gonna be the best option, and if photos are more important, then the Nikon or Panasonic are probably better, though all the cameras I mentioned can do photos and videos.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:25 pm 
thank you :)