Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Photo rucksack
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:36 am 

Oh my mistake then: I have been in the market for a Fastpack 350 for a long time now, and never saw an AW Cover! If they added it then: YAY :D. Got a Fastpack 200, and am gonna upgrade to a 350. The Vertex will be added later for more intense photojourneys. Thanks for the information! This is something I will keep in mind when shopping for the Fastpack 350, because I really want that AW Cover!

EDIT: Just found the one with AW: it is indeed the video version. And now I have looked at it, I truly and honestly can't find the negative sides that I have found before. A 350 AW Video it is then :).

EDIT 2: Found it: the inside of the video version is smaller in the camera department. Meaning I would probably not be able to fit my fourth lens in there. But won't know that for sure until I have tried it of course.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mtkoopmans/

Post subject: Re: Photo rucksack
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:39 am 

I have seen a load of reviews now of the Video version and I came to the following conclusion: the bag has practically no extra room compared to my own (smaller model) Fastpack that I have now. I wanted to buy the original Fastpack 350 because this does have more space, but it is missing the AW-cover. Even though the new video version does have that, it would mean buying a new bag that does not fit more equipment into it, just because of an AW-cover. The Video version is even missing the extra compartment on the lower part of the bag, and there is no flap covering my camera: just a band.

Now I have decided that these cons outweigh the pro's. The AW-cover is truly the only thing the Video version has going for it, while the normal 350 has more space and the same positive features that my old Fastpack has. I really am bummed out that Lowepro didn't add AW to the original series to begin with, because now I am torn between these two bags. One being the better and bigger one, and the other having AW... Can anyone tell me if there are AW-covers you can buy to put over your bag that doesn't have it built in? Because it is very likely that I will go for the original Fastpack 350.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mtkoopmans/