Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:11 pm

All times are UTC

About the Canon EOS 400D dSLR
I've used it before and I love it! 21%  21%  [ 6 ]
I've used it before and its okay. 25%  25%  [ 7 ]
I've used it before and I dont like it. 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
I've never used it before and I never want to. 18%  18%  [ 5 ]
I've never used it before but I think its nice. 21%  21%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:07 am 
darragh wrote:
i hope your parents get u the a200. :D :D :D

Thanks but its like a 0.001% chance im getting it..not exaggerating; its probably lower.

SnS :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:45 am 
hey

back to the 400D... i was really considering it as i was looking for an upgrade. it's simplicity and built quality had convinced me but the D80's viewfinder had proven its point too... later, i found a D80 for the price of the 400D and i went for it. i had financial support plus my savings and i believe the D80 will last a looooong time. in fact now that i've got it i don't want to change, EVER^^
what am i saying, i haven't opened my present yet (tomorrow!!!) the only downside i can think off is the weight, cause i am planning to carry it all over the place. which wouldn't have been the problem with the 400D. Heck, life is so full of wonders :wink:

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:15 am 
Darragh,

I think very shortly one of the moderators will ask you to resize your avatar because it's larger than the specified size.

Quentin,

Ca va? Félicitations sur votre nouvel appareil-photo! (Hopefully my rusty French is understandable). The D80 isn't that much more heavy than the 400D (510g vs 585g body only). The extra weight for some means a much more steady handholding technique. If you're going to carry it around a lot, invest in a good strap and/or a good bag. Both will go a long way to making it easier to carry about.

The viewfinder is indeed brighter in the D80 (penta-prism vs penta-mirror) and the optional grid overlay is useful (though I still can't fathom why Nikon chose not to obey the rule of thirds with it).

Back to the topic though - the 400D is actually going at very reasonable prices now with the 450D imminently hitting shops. A very attractive package for entry-level; the D80 is about 30% more expensive here in the UK. I still wouldn't be convinced to get a 400D though for reasons I'm mentioned earlier.