Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:12 am 

I am not a pro, heck I am hardly an amateur, definitely more on the noob side, just started playing with the DSLR a week or so ago.

Anyway, took this picture last night...I thought it was great, but what do I know, lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:45 am 

Hi dieselpowered,

Welcome to the club! 8)

Astrophotography should carry a health warning. If not taken in moderation it can seriously damage the health of your bank balance!!

Nice start but I think, and I hope you agree, it could stand some extra post-processing. Try some extra sharpening and micro-contrast tweaks (if you have software that can do micro-contrast) and maybe also ditching the colour.

Bob.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:00 pm 

Hey there Bob, appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Honestly, I had just received my camera and thought I would give it a try.

The pre-production picture actually does not have the color, I was mostly playing around with Lightroom and Photoshop to see what it (I) could do.

I will grab the RAW file again this evening and use your input to see what sort of post-production image I can get.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:08 am 

Tried tweaking the picture a little more, however, there are a lot of options within Photoshop and Lightroom that I do not know what all of them do or what I am really looking for, lol.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:15 am 

Nice! Your first attempt is miles better than my first attempt. It took me 3-4 nights to get anything close to that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:07 pm 

lagnificent wrote:
Nice! Your first attempt is miles better than my first attempt. It took me 3-4 nights to get anything close to that.

Thanks, that is very nice of you to say...could very well have been beginners luck as I do not have the skills to justify actually getting an image that is worth anything.

I am getting there though, getting used to the camera and the different settings...considering taking a class to learn more about the science behind photography and how everything works together to create an image.