I bought an E400 yesterday, with Sigma 18-50mm lens. It was a real bargain for this price. Now lets see the impressions of the first hours:
- The build quality is very good, no sign of strange sounds from the body yet. The camera feels comfortable in my hands, but it took me some time get used to the 'gripless' design.
- The overall image quality is good, of course there is a bit more noise appearing in the pictures compared to other DSLRs, but it suits me just fine.
- The camera focuses very well in good light conditions, but under low light it gets a bit hesitant.
- When I'm reviewing my pictures on the LCD screen, it rotates the picture when I rotate the camera. Personally I found this a very useful feature. It's not a big thing, but it certainly makes work easier. By the way, speaking about the LCD screen: it is just perfect for me. Clear, bright and easy to use.
- Lot of information when reviewing pics.
- Oops, I almost forgot to mention, that battery life is excellent. I've already took around 250 shots (with lot of flash usage) and the battery level indicator has not moved a millimeter.
- Upgrading from a Pana FZ30, there are two things I'm missing from the E400: these are the two function wheels.
- Another minus point is the USB cable cover, it is made of strong rubber which is good, but because of its strongness it is not so easy to connect the cable. With the cable connected, the cover reclines back and it is very stiff.(I wonder, when will it come off completely.)
- Last, but not least, I have to get some kind of protection for the LCD screen, because it stands out from the camera's back and gets dirty quite easily.
So, these were my first day impressions,I hope you liked it. If anyone has further questions please let me know about it and I'll try to answer according to my best knowledge.