Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New member from Brazil
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:15 pm 

Dear all,
I´ve been a photography hobbist/enthusiast since 80´s. Since then, like most of you, I have had the opportunity to use several diferent cameras, a few of them I still keep as a kind of "my museum pieces" and fully operative:
* 3 film cameras: Olympus OM1 (50mm / 70-210mm); Olympus Trip 35; Pentax Espio 160 and a Rolleyflex that belonged to my father.
* on digital: Canon PowerShot S110; Sony W1; Sony W70; Nikon CoolPix500
I also had, but sold, a Canon SX20is and a Nikon 5100.
Last week I gave my 15yo daughter my Canon T1i (18-135mm) and decided to buy a Canon T3i (50mm prime / 18-55mm / 18-200mm / Speedlight 430exII), after reading lots of coments here at Cameralabs reviews and forum dicussions.
Most of the opinions that I found, on T2i or T3i, discussed the benefits (or not) of the T3i and price diference between these models.
Even if most of the use is for stills I really appreciated the swivel screen, Snapshot films and Digital zoom features that T3i brings and I´m very pleased with my choice. Prices here nowadays are not that diferent. Even if T3i manual says it is not possible to ad snapshot films to previous recorded ones I realized it is possible. New snapshot films are automatically added to the last album recorded. So its very interesting fot a day outdoors or trips, you can "tell a story" by a sequence of small films, with particular narrative for each of them.
I know how to deal with f stops, DoF, long exposures, filters, on camera efects, etc. But what I really look for is to obtain such cristal clear shots and with depth sensation like Gordon´s pictures on the cameras reviews !
Maybe the light here in Sao Paulo is part of the answer. I have already took photos in diferent locations in USA and/or Europe and results seems to be better in genreral. I´ll keep trying!
Thank you Cameralabs team for the excelent job, excelent reviews.
I expect being of some help for dicussions on forums as well as learn more and more with the experiences written here from all members .
Best regards,
RDGP - Brazil