Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:54 am 

Hi folks,

Olympus UK in common, I believe, with Olympus in many territories, are offering a free grip for early adopters who ordered the OM-D E-M5 in April. One concern I had which I raised with Olympus was the apparent requirement to submit the claim by the end of May which, given the rate at which cameras are appearing might be a problem. Their reply, received within 24 hours of my original email reads as follows:

Thank you for contacting Olympus,

If your invoice/sales receipt has not been issued by 15.05.2012 and the invoice date is later on, your order date will be taken as your date of purchase.

As long as a claim registration has been submitted by 31.05.2012 and the invoice and serial number are provided by the end of June, your claim is going to be approved.

In order to access the claim form to register your pre-order and to review the full terms and conditions of this promotion, please click here.

As the serial number field is mandatory, please enter “to be provided”

Should you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact our customer service team at: Olympus@sales-promotions.com or call us on 0207 659 1135

Best Wishes,
    Tsvetelin Salutski
    Olympus

So one doesn't need the serial number to get a claim started by 31st May and the claim can go through provided the serial number and supporting paperwork is available by the end of June. Good result but if you are tempted then remember that the OM-D E-M5 order has to go in during April - check your local Olympus site to make sure the offer is available and to check for any local restrictions. 8)

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.