Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:47 am 

Hello!

I have a problem with my new Pentax K10D. Yesterday night I opened the package (after a few days reading the manual) and I set up my Pentax. I was really excited so I decided to took a few pictures at home just for testing. You know, it was at night, at home. I tried to took the first photo and I got the symbol to use the flash. ok, flash up, I shot. Ok, second one... nothing!! I could not shot with flash. I tried many times but it was always the same, with the internal flash up I can NOT shoot a picture. I tried with manual and auto focus, with different exposure modes, and nothing, when flash up I can't take a picture.

If I put the flash down I get the warning about flash but I can take the picture, then up and nothing. Battery is charged, and I think everything is ok, but I dont know if I am still doing something wrong or it is just a malfunctioning.

I am a bit dissapointed...

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:36 am 

Bonjour cooldude14es,

I'm really sorry for your problem with the flash :idea: of your bold new K10D.

Actually, the flash is used for two purposes:
  1. on low light conditions, it assists the AF and
  2. more classically, it provides light to take the pictures.

As I've experienced it, the first process could be slow and, if the AF doesn't fix, the picture won't be shot. Half-press first the shutter button and then press it fully. I suggest you to switch the AF in manual mode to discard this possibility and start again. Check also the mode dial is on green mode or P mode.
After firing a flash, having the flash ready for next picture could take some time.

However, you're not alone with reporting this problem. I did a little search with Google with :arrow: k10d flash problem.

In case nothing happens, go and rush to your dealer and ask for information, an exchange or a repair.

Good luck :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:25 am 

Thanks rei_vilo for your fast answer.

I am afraid the internal flash on my new camara is dead... under low light conditions i get on focus but the shutter does nothing, I hear the beep for focused but nothing happens, i need to put down the flash and then I can take the picture.

I will visit my dealer and ask for a exchange... so bad that I can not start using my K10D.. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:27 am 

Ok, yesterday I got a new camera, the guy on the store hadn‘t seen that failure before, and it was strange.. anyway, he didn‘t hesitate on doing an exchange. That‘s a good service and I‘m happy with it, we checked the new cam on the store and it was ok...

So a new born... :P Let‘s start again with my new Pentax K10D!!

If any of you find this failure just go to your dealer as soon as possible, just check the first day out of the box...

Thank you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:29 pm 

Bonsoir cooldude14es,

I'm happy you find a solution that works :!:

I experienced once a problem with twisted pictures on my K10D and got excellent support and repair from Pentax after sales service.

Now, enjoy taking pictures :)