Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:03 pm 
Hi,

I presently have an older Nikon DMC-FX10. I realize they are not as good as a DSLR but this thing I take everywhere because it fits in my pocket. So, having a lower quality shot is better than no shot.

I like it and it still works well however, I have realized a very limiting factor when taking pictures of my granddaughter.

That is, after pressing the button and it actually taking the picture she has gone off to do something else. There are times when I am ready to throw this thing against the wall!

You have no idea how many "Kodak" moments I have lost because of this stupid camera!

About a year ago I bought a Cannon Point and shoot for work. At the time I took in my Panasonic to compare figuring it would come out pathetic given its age. I discovered that it was just as quick as the Cannon?

So, I bought it and used it at home for awhile to compare it to my Panasonic. That is when I realized that they slow down in lower light conditions.

In other words, at times I was ready to throw this new Cannon against the wall!

I find that in the stores they tell you is it way faster than my "old" one and I realize it is impossible to test this in the store.

So, I think I have decided I have to get a better camera while keeping the present one for those "pocket moments".

Now to my questions:

1) which one?

2) can I get one for around $400.00 CDN, what, where?

3) for fast shooting in my situation will the smaller micro four thirds be as good as a real DSLR?

4) can it be simple to use for my wife and I (quick turn on, point and shoot).

Thank you for any advice - Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:58 pm 

Buy a "used" DSLR. A larger sensor will solve most of your problems except body size.
Just google Craigslist.com for your location and do some research on the models available.