Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Help me save my life!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:28 pm 
On January 27, 2012 I was brutally assaulted while doing what I do best - Photographing the streets of San Diego.
You can read more on the story here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/imthegerm/6793910271

To the point: I need a small, good, reliable, sensitive video that I can wear on me while photowalking. Please help me find one!

Ashi
http://www.flickr.com/ashi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:44 pm 
Hello Ashi !

That is very sad indeed. Have you heard of the GoPro Camera?

http://gopro.com/hd-hero2-cameras/

They are robust, waterproof and the GoPro HD2 can film in low light. Not as well as a DSLR, but they do a good job. There are many accessories to mount the Camera with. The size of the camera with protective housing is aprox 6cm (2.3in) x 4cm (1.6in).

Hope this helped. I can see why you were assaulted though. You do take a lot of pictures of people and i am guessing one of them took it personal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:13 pm 

Quote:
I can see why you were assaulted though.

Really? Seriously? Taking a photo of someone who doesn't want it warrants an assault? No. It warrants an friendly "Thanks, but no thanks".

...Please tell me this sentence was some typo gone wrong.

ashi: I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you're back on you feet snapping away soon enough.

Nikon D200
SB-600
YN-560 II
YN RF 603 x 4
Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
Nikon Series E 50mm f/1.8
Nikon AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:51 pm 
Trevor, i think you missunderstood me.

I said, looking at the district his photos were shot in, kinda makes me understand why he was assaulted. It looks like a dangerous and violent place to be. The Person who attacked Ashi, was possibly on drugs or didn't want to be on the photo. Isn't the best way of street photography to shoot first, ask questions later? Also expains why the attacker was after his Camera.

She didn't want the picture taken. It's not the only photo i have seen on his flicker with conflicts. So yeah it's a risky job what he is doing.