Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:27 am 
@dubaiphil: amazing work! love the panorama

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:43 am 
Well i did go up there and try again, from a diffrent angle. It was freezing -18°C.

I used my 105mm Macro lens and my 10-24mm Lens. Must say that the photos were better with the 105mm than with the 10-24. Still not happy and it was pretty cold, so i couldn't try much more other than have exposure delay mode activated. I do have a remote, but i was too cold :P

Will have to try again when its really summer and i have time to mess around.

Bigger image size here: http://imageshack.us/f/849/dsc9521and11morefused3.jpg/

Post subject: City Lights
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:51 am 

Very stout of you to be having at it at -18C.
Looks like you may be challenged by frozen water vapor in the air. Wonder if a polarizing filter would help clear it up.
Did you by chance stack exposures as Dubaiphil suggested to get the shot?
On composition: for me, the try 2 shot is nice but I must say I'm partial to the try 1 subject matter. It immediately got my attention.

On the better camera subject- someone who knows what they're doing could do this shot with your camera. Because of your perseverance, pretty soon that someone will be you (and me too by following along- I'm glad you asked the question- thank you).

Berne-Bundesterasse, Federal Place?

Click on my avitar to see my stuff on Flickr!

How 2 the signature below?
In your profile signature, click on BBCode ( linked under options ) and read up!

Visit MrCliff on Flickr

Last edited by MrCliff on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:47 pm 
Yeah i did have the vapored water problem. But the sky was clear, i was full moon and i thought, why not give it a why. I didn't think of using the pol filter i had with me at the time though. Didn't know it could clear steam aswell.

Yes that photo is stacked. I think it's 8-10 pictures. I do however think i had some movement between the shots, as to changing the shutter speeds. I think my timelapse device can control the shutter speed over the cable.
But i will give it another go at warmer temp. -18° C was very cold indeed and even though i had gloves, a ~850.- $ Sky jacket and North Face winter walking boots on - i was feeling a lot of pain in my feet and my fingers. I should of put on my ski socks.

Someone who knows what he is doing had to learn how to do this once aswell. This is my phase i guess. I like to try new things and feel the challange.

Yes it's the Bundeshaus in Bern. Translated to english from a website it means federal parliament building.