Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:48 pm 
very sick and tired of my HP all-in-one ink guzzler/paper jammer. There's a special on this printer right now that I can get it for $39 USD so I'm thinking about it. Just curious about the print quality.

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:21 pm 
Got this printer yesterday, and yes indeed for $39.99 USD brand new from B&H. Spent all night trying to get the color thing straight and finally got it right thanks to the FAQ section in Canon's website.

So far it prints superb photos on Canon glossy paper, cheap generic(no name generic) glossy paper, still haven't try any matte papers.

Love the Pixma ip4700, physically looks like a downgrade from my wife's fancy all in one HP, but photo quality is way superior.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:47 am 
The Pixma ip4700 is the successor to my ip4200, which has served me faithfully for 3-4 years with a heavy workload.

The software for photos is very good and the colours look good.

Due to the number of cartridges i was chewing through, I fitted Ink Tanks and it has been perfect and cheap to run every since.

The IP4200 is a duplex printer, so I could print double sided brochures and forms for our Cross Bay Charity Swim, and prints onto printable CD/DVD for slideshows or PowerPoint presentationas, as it is also a CD/DVD printer as well.

A very good choice, as the print head is easy to access if you ever get a cartridge dry up on you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:25 am 
I have the ip4500 and I'm guessing it was the model between your 4700 and fontok's 4200. It's a good one, you got a good deal!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:41 am 

I got the ip4700 two weeks ago when my Epson CX5500 gave up the ghost when it ran out of ink and wouldn't recognise the new cartridges.

The Cannon printer's quality is really excellent, whether on Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, or the Epson Matte paper left over from its predecessor. Mine worked perfectly right out of the box, with none of the difficulties described by soundtweakers. Of course, here at the bottom right hand corner of the globe, we get to pay a whole lot more than you guys. The ip4700 is NZ$146 which is US$106.30 :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:22 pm 
I bought the Canon iP4700 from newegg & just set it up the other day. Have only done a couple photos & they look good. But photos also looked good with my old iP3000 which only had 3 photo inks (no photo black). The iP4700 has two paper feeds & does 2 sided printing, just like the iP3000.

But seriously.. $39.99 ?? that's a good deal, I paid $59.99 for that thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:48 am 
I used that before and what I can say is that it works great with the canon printers. It's just great.