Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:33 am

All times are UTC

Was that worth reading?
1. Yes 88%  88%  [ 7 ]
2. No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3. I didn't read it.....lol 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: HI From SUNR15E
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:12 am 

I'm not sure what you need to know about me.

I am new to digital, And although I thought I was quite good with film and had my own darkroom I was never dedicated enough to make money at it. I love my camera and try to take it everywhere with me.....just incase.

I am here to learn from those who are good, bad and ugly. I find I learn far better from other peoples mistakes...my own I tend to ignore or make excuses for.

I am by no means good...infact if there were a percentage scale I think I would be in the low 20's or even less....so lets say I am just starting and go with my skill level is about 18% (that's close to 2 out of 10 for you older fellas...)

In my stupidity I have just picked up a job as a nightclub photographer......!!!!... Yes I know DUMB place to start. I have just spent three hours reading info here...trust me it helped...But I felt I should register and say hello so that as I fall on my face I can beg your indulgence and ask stupid questions.

I invested in one of those cheap nasty Nikon D300s...I know the poor mans Porsché But hey I have read peoples thoughts and realized I fell on my feet after reading the reviews here first ;)

Yes I may be mental...but I am willing to learn and as I learn and grow I hope I will have a place within the photographic community and have standing enough to offer advice....Even if I did learn it all here in the first place.

So that's me kinda introduced. But first let me say..thanks to all the obviously dedicated team and members who give so much time to this site. Without your questions and answers I doubt I would even have bought a DSLR. I know there are some who will say another brand would have been better...well maybe so...but I guess I am stuck with this one for a while....

Thanks for reading and HELLO.

Find me SUNR15E, on Flickr.

Or find me on facebook SUNR15E PHOTOGRAPHIC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:32 am 
Site Admin

Welcome on-board and good luck with your nightclub pictures!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:23 am 

After the mess I made of them last week I will need more than luck.

But I will be back there tonight to get some practice.

Light and motion are going to be conflicting issue. And looking at the venue a tripod will not really be an option. The manager wants crisp clean pictures showing motion and in house lighting with the foreground people sharp and focused....!!!!

I have more than a feeling that there will need to be compromise on the sharp vs motion issues.

He also wants portrait style shots with dance-floor backdrops where the people at the front are the focus yet the dance-floor needs to be seen....lighting that without making those in the foreground glow like aliens will not be easy.

I'm not saying it cannot be done....I have seen some good nightclub photos....but I feel his expectations are a little high and my skill level and understanding is far lower than it should be. Lets hope I am a really fast learner or I guess this job will not last long.

If there is anyone who already does this kind of work I would love a few pointers.

I will be going for manual settings with a shoe mounted flash with no skill and limited knowledge of what I am doing......This should be fun...

And no I will not be spamming the forum with a million pics asking for quick fixes....lol But I will be filling my photobucket with rubbish....!!!!

AAARRRGHH cover me I am going in...!!!

SUNR15E

Last edited by SUNR15E on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:08 pm 

Welcome and your intro was very funny. Thank you for the laughs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:25 pm 

Funny I can do... :) Spelling...not a strong point...and as for taking pictures..?? The more I read the more I realize that I am way out of my depth...!!

But I can cook and I can collect road kill so I will not starve to death while I try to do this... :)

But I am looking forward to the experts here guiding me in the right direction...

If I can ever work out how to upload pictures....lol

Can't wait to enter a pic in the "On Assignment" bit....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:25 am 

Hi Welcome aboard.
Nice intro, I want to see photos of roadkill.

:P

Canon Powershot S95, Canon 6D,7D, Canon 40 2.8 STM, Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC, Canon 17-40 L, Canon 15-85, Canon 85 1.8, Sigma 30 1.4, 50mm 1.8, Canon 100 2.8L Macro, Canon 70-300L +Kenko 1.4 Pro 300DGX, Canon 430EX II and RS 4 Classic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:12 am 

I'm not sure how that would go down here..??

Death is not a nice thing to take pictures of.. :(

Plus the badger has gone..?? What size animal comes along and drags a full size badger off..?? Even the biggest fox would have trouble with that...and NO I am not that hungry yet.

Can we get an official ruling on the roadkill issue before I get myself banned for joining in with my own silly nonsense?

I would not want to offend anyone by showing that even though I am up for just about any challenge.