Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sensor cleaning
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:32 pm 

I need to do my D90 as its got pretty filthy now and i can't really ignore it anymore..
So has anyone used the dry micro fibre sensor swabs ive seen?
I think im going to have to do it the wet way with some Eclipse methanol and a swab as the blower isn't shifting most of it.
What size swab do i need to get for the D90's sensor?
There seems to be a lot of different types of swabs so im a bit confused as to what i need to get to use with the methanol.
Ive read Pec*Pad can be bad to use on the low pass filter if you make your own swab if there's any truth it that?
Anyone know of a reasonably priced place in the UK to get everything i need?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:55 pm 

I use them. The size... check their web site but I have type 2 for crop sensor bodies.

They specifically say the material on the swabs are not same as pec pads and do not recommend bodging it.

As for price... good luck. The swabs just seem expensive, although since you only need them once in forever you don't need to worry about it in the long term.

I believe they also do pre-moistened ones too if you don't want to have a bottle of fluid sitting around.

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:56 am 

Type 2 i need for the D90. Seem a bit hard to get hold of the Photographic Solutions sensor swabs here in the UK. I wouldn't want to buy the wrong thing and mess right up..
Ive seen the pre moistened ones but also seen a bottle of the eclipse cleaner for £10.

Just found this place in the UK, seems pretty cheap!

http://www.digipad.co.uk/

These guys are fine, ordered 2 kits on Monday and they turned up today.
Should be able to re-use the plastic part of the swabs if i get some Pec* pads as well though i read that its not good to use those on the sensor?