Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:01 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Needing Camera Bag Help
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:33 pm 
First let me say that I am still new to the SLR world so please be patient if I ask something stupid.
Currently I have a Cannon Rebel XSI, 2 lenses(18-55 and 55-250) extra battery and extra memory cards, cleaning supplies etc also a Tamrac shoulder bag(can't remenber the model think its an explorer).
Here's my delima we are going on vacation the end of Jan 2012 and although I like the Tamarac bag its kinda awkward when carring other luggage or to just take around in general. I am looking for something that I can take off the ship easily and not be a hassle to carry around(maybe a sling or backpack don;t know). Just needing some guidence from people with more experience than myself. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:18 pm 

Welcome. No such thing as a stupid question :wink:

Suppose it depends how much gear you want to carry & exactly what the gear is. (Laptop?) Also consider getting something just a touch bigger than you reckon you need now, coz if you add to your gear later you may need to buy again.

I have the Lowepro 302 sligshot & find it comfortable. It carries a decent amount of gear, is easy to get into & is quite well padded. http://products.lowepro.com/product/Sli ... 2193,4.htm

You might prefer a `shoulder` type bag , or even a larger backpack?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:08 pm 
No laptop just the camera and accessories

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:47 pm 

I love my Tamrac Adventure 74 http://www.tamrac.com/5374.htm Good padding, just right on space for me. I have everything you see in my signature block, small supplies, my Manfrotto Compact tri-pod and just enough room left for my flash gun when I get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:35 am 

So if I wanted to buy a bag, I had problems closing the Tamrac. The Lowepro seems to fit me better. But that's just me - I like to carry around more stuff than I actually need - just to be sure I have it with me IF I need it.

Canon EF 28-80mm 3.5-5.6 USM + EF 24-105mm 4L IS USM + EF 100-400mm 4.5-5.6L IS USM + EF 50mm 1.8 II + EF 100mm 2.8L Macro IS USM + Sigma 12-24mm 4.5-5.6 EX DG HSM + Canon Speedlite 580 EX II + Nissin Speedlite Di 466

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:39 pm 
Currently looking at either a lowepro 250,300 or 350 backpack. Little conserned with the sling types while traveling and walking around. Also need a little eatra space to store some things passport etc.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:36 am 

Just food for thought since you already have a Tamrac shoulder bag... You might want to weight the option of one of there sling bags. I say this because when I was looking at them and bought mine I liked the idea that they incorporated a modular attachment system. With that said you could buy something small and use the add ons as needed between both your current bag (I assume depending on model) and the new sling like. Check out the velocity series, based on the lenses you mentioned the 7x would let you take both lenses. Then again if you are talking just a bare minimum setup "you mentioned taking off the ship" you might want to consider just a neoprene sleeve depending on just how little you want to go.

Tripod:
Horus Bennu 747x w/ H.B. NS-BH10S ballhead
GearBag:
Tamrac Velocity 8x Pro
Accessories:
Vello Free Wave Wireless Remote Shutter Release
Memory Card:
Sandisk 16GB Extreme Pro 95mb/s