Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Case Required
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:42 pm 

My equipment
Consumer Body
3x Speedlites
1x Kit Zoom Lens
1x Pancake Lens
5x Wireless Sync Devices

Plus other small odds and ends. I would also like a battery grip in there too. I may buy one more lens for the time being.

I can't decide on what to get. I don't like the idea of a "messenger" bag though. For anyone is unfamiliar with the term, that is a bag with a large flap covering the majority of the side. I just don't like the style or image of them.

My equipment list is in my signature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:49 pm 
I've recently brought a biggish top opening traditional shoulder style bag to keep all my kit in. Because its big there is plenty of space (atm :roll: ) which means stuff is easily accessed.

Lowepro Nova 200 AW

http://products.lowepro.com/product/Nova-200-AW,2107,20.htm

Quote:
No need to let the weather stop you from shooting—the Nova 200 AW includes a 360º All Weather Cover™ that protects your gear as you work. Size to carry the most popular digital SLR cameras; lenses; memory cards and accessories. All-around utility features include: overflap lid to increase protection from the elements; dual memory card pockets on interior of lid; front accessory pocket; mesh side pockets; padded strap and cushioned grab handle tailored for comfort and durability; plus a rolling luggage sleeve. The removable; ergonomic; CollarCut(TM) shoulder strap offers extra comfort. A practical choice for the enthusiast or professional; Nova AW bags let you organize; protect and use your gear with ease.

I brought the lighter colour because out here anything black just cooks.

I have a smaller case that will take just the body, 1 lens and some bits and bobs for when I'm travelling light

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:52 pm 

What kind of a bag do you prefer ? A shoulder bag, a backpack, maybe even a beltpack ?

My photos on Flickr...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:52 pm 

Something I forgot to mention was I don't like the clip fasteners to keep the lid shut. I think they look a bit grandad like. I would prefer a zip.

Joris Van den Berghe wrote:
What kind of a bag do you prefer ?

Preferably a shoulder bag, but I may consider a back pack.

Joris Van den Berghe wrote:
maybe even a beltpack ?

Certainly not one of those, I would like something that will blend in :D

Last edited by Canon 500D on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:55 pm 
The Nova 200 has a zip around the inside which makes it pretty dust proof which is crucial here in the sandpit. The single clip on the front is very quick and easy though for when I cant be bothered with the zip

Be wary of totaly relying on zips as they are a weak point. They are the most likely bit to fail on a bag and are very difficult to replace

Just my 2p's worth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:58 pm 

This won't be getting a lot of a heavy use, mainly for storage, but will occasionly be carried from A to B, carefully.

I currently have some items in my existing bag, some of it in a cardboard boxes, and other parts just loose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:05 pm 

I just got a Tamrac Adventure 74 (pic is not my gear :cry: )
http://www.tamrac.com/5374.htm
The only thing I don't like about this bag is the supposed tri-pod carrier setup is not as good as they claim. I have a Manfrotto compact and it barely fits. It might work better on one of their larger bags. Otherwise, the innards of the bag are great with plenty of re-sizing dividers to customize the way you want it. At trust me, as a Sergeant in the Army, backpack comfort is very important to me and this one does not let me down, they paid good attention to detail with the straps and padding :D The only regret I have is I should have gone up to one of their larger ones that carrier a laptop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:07 pm 

I am considering the Lowepro Pro Runner 200AW, or the next model(s) up, depending on my requirements at the time of purchase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:10 pm 

A fine choice :)!

My photos on Flickr...