Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: DECEMBERFEST - EvanK
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:14 pm 

First off the bat, I know that I'm a bit late to start up, so I may choose to continue right to the 5th of January. After that, it may be fun to try something like a 365 challenge.

Anyways, I think that I'll be shooting with my D7000 and a 50mm f/2. I was originally thinking the 35mm f/1.8, but using the 50mm I'd get a chance to brush up on my manual focusing.
I may also use my PK13 extension tube if needed, or my SB-700 flash if I need more light, but I'll do my best to stick with that one camera-lens combo.

I've been enjoying everybody's shots so far, so hopefully I'll be able to end up with something equally brilliant!

Gear: 7 Nikon Nikkor AI-S and AF-S lenses, SB-700 flash, Nikon D7000, Nikon FM, variety of accessories

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs."
- Ansel Adams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:50 am 

Today's image is pretty simple. I took a wooden reindeer with fax-poinsettias in its back, put it about a foot or so from the wall, and bounced my SB-700 off the wall around half power to make the back white, and brighten up a bit of the subject. I think that it came out well, especially considering that the wall behind it used to be brown. I thought that house decoration would be a good idea as it fits with the current holiday season, and it meant I wouldn't have to go outside for lengthened amounts of time! :)

Gear: 7 Nikon Nikkor AI-S and AF-S lenses, SB-700 flash, Nikon D7000, Nikon FM, variety of accessories

- Ansel Adams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:56 am 

The shot that I did today was quite fun. I positioned a roll of not-yet developed film to the left with my old 28mm lens, and a Nikon FM box along with a Voigtlaender Vito III to the right. I shot my SB-700 at low-power from the left, which was a bit difficult to fire without it reflecting too much off of the FM box. While post processing, I converted to B&W, added a slight vignette and used the selective colour technique to make the film stand out, and contrast itself against the darker colours on the other side of the photo.

- Ansel Adams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:36 pm 

2 top photos to get you started but where have you gone? More more more, I'm loving seeing everyones decemberfest posts and dont want folks to stop till the end :-)

Manfrotto 190CXPRO3 with 496 Ball Head. Gorilla Pod SLR
Canon Powershot A720IS with CHDK and intervalometer script. Pentax Optio W90

My Blog - http://www.ianganderton.wordpress.com