Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 521 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:46 pm 
Hi Liquid_Turbo....

here is a setting to illuminate the focus point on play back in the settings, can't remember where, but I set mine like that, so I know exactly what was focused on when the shot was snapped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:40 am 
Hi, picked up a D7000 for testing, will see if I want to keep it. Quick question about AF in live view, I have mine set to AF-F (so full-time autofocus), but it still only focuses once or twice before stopping. I then have to half-press the shutter to refocus, but that apparently stops the full-time AF until I restart live view.
Is there a setting that i'm missing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:32 am 
I am not sure but i thought the full time auto focus was for the movie mode?
Not really sure if it also works with photos.

maybe check out the focus points, how many do you use? Or just put the camera on AF-A (camera automatically decides to use AF-S or AF-C)

Also check out your AF area modes how it is set (3D for example or auto select).

Check out your manual or look at the kenrockwell link here:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d7000/af-settings.htm

this auto focus stuff is a bit complicated on this camera (i own a D7000 myself).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:46 am 
Yep, i'm trying to use it for video. Doesn't seem very consistent at all, will occasionally autofocus by itself. Its not particularly fast or accurate though :(. Guess i'll have to stick to manual focus

Post subject: Nikon D7000
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:36 pm 
Had mine a Week Know
Taken some nice Photos. out friday same place i have taken pics with my D5000 to see the difference Have already decided to out the D5000 & get another D7000 body.

Great bit of kit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:19 pm 

Hello Dave, and welcome to the friendly Camera Labs forum!
To enjoy your stay here please have a look at the house-rules!
----
Regarding your newly acquired gear: Have fun with this body and perhaps post some of your images in the respective sections!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:42 am 
I would like to share to all Photography Enthusiast about the current dilemma I am in. I have a 2 month old Nikon D7000
mounted with an 18-200 VRII lens. I was doing landscape photography, shooting at Aperture Priority Mode @ f8, f/11, f/16 and f/22 stops. I was devasted to have noticed upon downloading the shots on my computer I noticed black spots/dots on the upper right hand corner of the images particularly (you can also see some on the upper left and mid left areas). I have spoken with Nikon NZ (TA Mcalister) and they acknowledge that some of the D7000 units have these problem. It is clear they have failed to inform consumers and are trying as much as they could to keep their mouth shut about this until someone like me and my friend come in to complain. I am just totally appalled since Nikon already new about this issue with the D7000, why are they still continuing to sell them to innocent consumers? To check the photos I have taken with oil spots, check my facebook link:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:48 am 
here is the sample photos:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 430&type=1

Post subject: D7000 burst
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:43 am 
I just wanted to point out that the Nikon D7000's burst is significantly increased from 20 to more than 50 pictures at JPEG Large/Fine on Optimal Quality with a faster card, such as the Sandisk 30mb/s Class 10 Extreme III card. So with a faster card this camera can shoot at 6 fps for almost as many frames as the Canon 60D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:32 am 
Not sure if my question was mentioned before (i used search function could not find anything).

What is the best light metering mode on a D7000 for landscaping or outdoor photography.

Sometimes a piece of sky is over exposed and sometimes its not. I use 3D matrix light metering mode all the time. Should I switch to spot metering mode?

Or should I use Active D light in matrix metering mode to solve the problem? Or just use spot metering without d light on?

I am not talking about d-light in capture NX but about ACTIVE d-light in the camera.

I always have the camera on AF-A autofocus mode with single focus point AF field and with all 39 focus points to choose from (you have to set that last one in the menus).

What is your advise on fixing overexposed skies?. I am sure it can be fixed. btw focussing on the sky instead of the subject i want is NOT an option.. (unless the sky is my subject of course).

I did some testing today with different metering modes and active d light on or off but of course it was one of those days where the D7000 decided to do the light metering correctly so i test it later maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:37 am 

I found the D7000 over exposes and I use minus 0.7 EV all the time not forgetting most days are bright sun here. This helped most of my skies.

To change the number of focus points, press the AF button and use the sub (front) control wheel.

I have not used the 3D mode, what does it actually do.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:18 pm 
3d matrix metering is just that it measures light at different depths.

3D AF is for moving objects to keep them in focus I think.
never really used it to be honest.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:22 pm 

Nikon now offering £80 cashback on D7000, so can be bought for £849 or less in UK. http://www.nikon.co.uk/sites/cashback/route.aspx?c=uk
(Wonder if there's a D7100 in the wings?)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:28 pm 

XCALIBUR wrote:
I would like to share to all Photography Enthusiast about the current dilemma I am in. I have a 2 month old Nikon D7000
mounted with an 18-200 VRII lens. I was doing landscape photography, shooting at Aperture Priority Mode @ f8, f/11, f/16 and f/22 stops. I was devasted to have noticed upon downloading the shots on my computer I noticed black spots/dots on the upper right hand corner of the images particularly (you can also see some on the upper left and mid left areas). I have spoken with Nikon NZ (TA Mcalister) and they acknowledge that some of the D7000 units have these problem. It is clear they have failed to inform consumers and are trying as much as they could to keep their mouth shut about this until someone like me and my friend come in to complain. I am just totally appalled since Nikon already new about this issue with the D7000, why are they still continuing to sell them to innocent consumers? To check the photos I have taken with oil spots, check my facebook link:
I read about it as well. Now the D600 has the same problem.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:48 am 
Great! Review it full detail and compare
i like it!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 521 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next