Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Nikon P7100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:27 pm 

I hope to see a review of the Nikon P7100 on Camera Labs. I am still very disappointment that Camera Labs never reviewed the P7000.

Frank B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:26 am 

Seconded. This is now out on release in the UK but with no reviews anywhere.

RayUK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:35 am 
Site Admin

I'd love to have done it, but neither were available in NZ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:06 pm 

I had both P7000 and P7100.
I loved P7000 and there were few things I would like it to have - like the tilted screen, separate buttons to change S and A, when I shoot on Manual. I was happy with the image quality, with the vivid colors, etc.
It is very capable camera - I was doing everything from Macro (close-up) to even shooting sports and using panning technique. I never had shutter lags and menu problems the other were complaining about.
I bought the P7100 when it came out. It is the same camera with added those things I was missing on P7000. Amazing! There is even nice bokeh when shoot at small f.
The ONLY reason I sold both is the small sensor. Yes it does make nice pictures and it is bigger than the average P&S. But zooming to 100% you still see the difference what a small sensor can produce, comparing with the APS-C.
I'm thinking to try Sony NEX-7 for my "pocket" size camera or may be Samiusng NX200 (but I really like tilt screens). Other choices are Olympus e-PL3 or FujiFilm X10.
Anyway, if the NEX-7 doesn't work for me (I'm really afraid of the 24MPx and the lenses are quite big) I may go back to P7100. At least it proved it's quality and functionality. Let's see...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:57 am 

@whitenebula

Have you considered a camera like the Sigma DP2s? It doesn't offer the customization of being able to swap lenses and it doesn't have too many features, but it does offer an APS sized image sensor, and it's bloody tiny! You won't be disappointed with the IQ, and it should be small enough to carry around just about everywhere.

Gear: 7 Nikon Nikkor AI-S and AF-S lenses, SB-700 flash, Nikon D7000, Nikon FM, variety of accessories

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs."
- Ansel Adams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:36 pm 

@EvanK
Thanks for pointing my attention to this camera - looks very interesting at first look. I need to take a detailed look at the specs and some reviews about it.
My first thoughts are that it doesn't have swivel/tilt screen and it's a prime 24mm lens.
But I'll spend some time reading about this camera.
Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:18 am 

http://youtu.be/HCZYOvNa5o0

not very encouraging review...