Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:13 am 
Hello everyone!

My mother's birthday is coming up. My dad is giving money (200 euro) for a new camera and I am the one will provide the shopping advice.
My mother currently owns a Canon Powershot 530 or 540. The main problem she is experiencing is the smallness of the screen as her eye sight is getting worse with age.
Another big wish is larger zoom capacity.

I am a Nikon owner myself, but I looked at canon compacts first as she (and I) is the most familiar with those.
The SX130 looks like a good basic option, at the low end of the budget. The SX220 might be a good option if she chooses to go spend the high end of the budget.

What other cameras (other brands) should I consider? Say with a max budget of 260 euro? Perhaps a Panasonic?

Thanks for the help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:44 am 
Perhaps Panasonic TZ8? What do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:09 pm 
Did she get a camera?
I just bought the SX130 is today and I like it other than the battery factor. Batteries get used up quickly. I am trying rechargeable now.
It is also heavier than many of the compact cameras.
There is a samsung PL210 with 10x zoom available.