Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: FZ150 or HX100V
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:31 am 
Hey gents,

I saw the reviews on both the FZ150 and HX100V on cameralabs.com and after reading the entire thing .. I couldn't decide yet as both are almost the same.

I want something to start with, I will be stepping into DSLR's in 2 years period if not before.

Can someone help me decide which one to go with. Also, what about the FZ100 .. I can see it offers more pixels than FZ150 with same zoom range, is that good or bad ?

Regards,,,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:55 am 

Hello yiso91, and welcome to the friendly Camera Labs forum!
To enjoy your stay here please have a look at the house-rules!
----
As to your Q regarding resolution: There is an eternal struggle about how many pixels are enough. But as Gordon pointed out in his review, the lower resolution of the newer camera made good for some of the draw-back of the FZ100: Better image quality!
Many beginners (and also some seriously experienced folk) do pixel-peeping at their monitor at 100% magnification and in this case the FZ150 sports the "better pixels" than the FZ100.