Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:10 am 
We took a drive with one of the car clubs I belong to (Georgia Fiero Club) and decided to hit the Blue Ridge Parkway on the way back. Thought I would share a few of the photos I took along the way. As a very novice photographer, I am always open to constructive criticism.

First, to put the day in context...this is the car we were driving. It was a beautiful day, and we had the opportunity to take a very special car...a rare convertible Fiero.

Now we move to the first tunnel shot. I don't think this is that spectacular of a photo, but there is just something about catching the headlights at the bottom of a photo that always reminds me of how wonderful it is to drive a Fiero:

Now for the photos that I think are truly worth sharing...

This one was taken from the peak of Mount Mitchell...the highest point east of the Mississippi...

Of course, a Blue Ridge run isn't complete without a bit of fog...

Then, I can't show these photos without a couple from the actual run we did with the club...

I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I enjoyed taking them. When I grow old and senile, I hope it is days like this that I remember.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:32 pm 
Wow...a look through some of the other posts has once again reminded me how much of a novice I am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:22 am 

Looks like a lot of fun. I think I remember this road featured in one of the Top Gear episodes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:44 am 
Yes...it was actually the same section we drove. They complained about the 35-45mph speed limits...but a little known secret is that the Blue Ridge Parkway is a federally funded road, so state, county and local police have no jurisdiction there. Regardless, the point of the road is the view, not the performance driving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:18 am 

Nice set, It's difficult not to get slight camera shake in a car. The only thing I would suggest taking shots from a moving vehicle is to use shutter mode, at least 1/1000 sec. Increase the ISO if the aperture is wide/close to open. to increase the speed.

Cheers