Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:03 pm 
Please help !!!!!! i want to buy a DSLR its going to be my first but i do have a bit of camera knowledge and i do know how to use an DSLR (thanks to my friends) but now the time has come when i want to buy a dslr and i am confused between Nikon D5100 and Sony SLT a35 ! guys please help me to decide which one to buy !!!! I like capturing sunsets, texures, sports images and a lot of video for time lapse and interviewing purpose !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:26 am 

Hello dipak_Raghuwansi, and welcome to the friendly Camera Labs forum!
To enjoy your stay here please have a look at the house-rules!
----
Your question is best posted in the "Buying a new camera but undecided on brand?" section. So I've moved your post there.
It is also a good practice/rule to post a question only once in the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:47 am 

Both cameras are capable of taking the photos you're looking for though the a35's higher shooting rate does give it a potential edge for sports photography. I don't know if the a35 has an intervalometer function (there should at least be a third-party timer) but the D5100 does so it can do time lapse photography quite easily.

If the truth be told, I'm not sure you can go wrong with either camera. It may be worth you trying out both of them and see which feels more comfortable and which one's menu you feel is more navigable.