Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:42 pm 
This month is going to be my first "on assignment" post.

The subject is not what I would normally go out and shoot and thats one of the reasons I'm going to post something. I figure its good for me as a photographer to go out and try and take a photo outside of my comfort zone.

Having said that I've just been out and about looking for something and its HARD :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Taken a couple of photos that are not bad but are also not good :roll:

So I have a couple of shots 'banked', now I just need to get something better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:26 pm 

Im finding this one a toughie. Visited a few construction sites each one has boarding all the way around obscuring the view, A few you could only see the top part of cranes and house roofs. I will continue looking in the hope i will be able to find something of interest for this month. Sue

sigma 18-200 os lens

All my photos are clickable
my flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27828538@N03/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:45 am 
Same above poster. There is brand new huge gym going up on campus but it's completely blocked off and the outside of the building is nearly complete. Can't find a interesting angle but I'll keep an eye out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:52 pm 

If my car ever gets fixed I will go get something for this. Seems like every time I get my car from the shop it messes up again. :/

Good shots so far! :)

50mm f1.8
quatary mono/tripod

Google+
Facebook
Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:57 pm 

There are no really interesting "constructions" here.
As soon as I find some time I might go looking for something. Let me call it "cycling tour with my nephews" or something like that. They may help looking for something interesting. :lol:

EDIT: I went around the town today just finding nothing. I shot some photos and wait for them to get developed. Yes, EOS 33 at work! If they are no good I'll try finding something else...

Canon EF 28-80mm 3.5-5.6 USM + EF 24-105mm 4L IS USM + EF 100-400mm 4.5-5.6L IS USM + EF 50mm 1.8 II + EF 100mm 2.8L Macro IS USM + Sigma 12-24mm 4.5-5.6 EX DG HSM + Canon Speedlite 580 EX II + Nissin Speedlite Di 466

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:26 am 
I like this months assignment. I like it that its challenging and will have me out scouting for construction. I really hope to get something this month. I've been out for a while.
Good luck to you all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:24 pm 

This is where I work, They get to photograph all they want.
I can NOT have a camera on site. go figure.
http://www.moxproject.com/
Click on "Construction" then "Photo galleries".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:20 pm 

I think you may have a winner on debut, Ian!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:05 pm 
I think your being tooo kind Phil but I'm dead chuffed you think it worthy of a +ve comment.

Its been a very very very interesting process. Firstly going out looking for the kind of image I wouldn't normally take, secondly thinking of what would make an image to fit the 'assignment' and be good enough to post without feeling embarrassed of it. Lastly picking one of the images I took to actually post, I'm a terrible editor and struggle with the decision making.

I'd love to know the process others go through to get to the point of posting their image. Some folks casual snaps make my efforts look sadly lacking leaving me admiring but also slightly green with envy.

It would also be interesting to see the photos that we're taken for this 'assignment' but didn't make the final cut. I had ideas for images but just couldn't get them to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:20 am 

The Canadian Museum of Human Rights is currently being built here in Winnipeg (I have no idea why they chose such a small city like us to build a large, national museum), so I'll try to get out there to take some pictures. If I don't find the time for that, I have a couple of photo projects that I could work on at home that could fit the theme.

Gear: 7 Nikon Nikkor AI-S and AF-S lenses, SB-700 flash, Nikon D7000, Nikon FM, variety of accessories

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs."
- Ansel Adams

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:03 pm 

Nice shot of the onion dome under restoration Oleg, but I think your earlier shot of the Eiffel Tower was much more exciting, energetic and 'edgy'. It reminded me of those fantastic b/w photos of steelworkers in New York taking their lunch one step from oblivion.

Regards

Mike R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:37 am 
Made a shot from the roof of the kungfu academy in china where I currently reside. Its a 15th century temple that is being renovated. Maybe not the best composition or photo quality but hopefully i can get some points for rarity or something. I did not know what else to post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:17 am 

It's OK - it just looks a bit too dark on my monitor. :wink: And I'd love to see the colors. :roll:

@vdjong: I love the sky but sadly both cranes are cut off.

@ianganderton: Great shot, beautiful sunset and nice buildings.

@mikeroch: Another picture I really like! A shot of the shadow in the background only could have looked very nice as well. It's a very interesting view. Our accident prevention regulations here would never allow such work. No safety shoe! My god! No glove! My god! No helmet! My god! No safety bond! My god! :roll:

Canon EF 28-80mm 3.5-5.6 USM + EF 24-105mm 4L IS USM + EF 100-400mm 4.5-5.6L IS USM + EF 50mm 1.8 II + EF 100mm 2.8L Macro IS USM + Sigma 12-24mm 4.5-5.6 EX DG HSM + Canon Speedlite 580 EX II + Nissin Speedlite Di 466

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:16 pm 
Nikonfreak - its seems quite dark on my monitor too.

Jiko - thanks, glad you like it :D

I really like the composition of yours with the weeds in the foreground giving the feel of a deserted/forgotten site.

vdjong - I like the sky and the light too

mikeroch - having worked plenty in Africa as well as else where in the world got to say I think your image has really captured developing world construction very well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:19 pm 
So I wonder who's going to post on the last day. I can sense dubaiphil is lurking out there. He's got some of the biggest and most outrageous construction sites in the world on his doorstep :lol: