Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:46 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:47 am 
That sounds great Bjorn! Especially the M9-P part, very nice camera. Is the 50 lux you're saving for, for the M9-P?
We are of course expecting you to write up a nice report of your visit so we can bask in the reflection of your moment of glory. :wink:

I almost bought an M2 (found a nice one at Red Dot Cameras), but then the car broke down and so did my Leica funds. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:23 pm 

Thank you Dutch! I've completed saving up for the M9-P now, but still need a big chunk of money to be able to buy the 50mm Lux. I'll manage though, no problem.
Expect a full report of the trip, the factory tour and some first impressions of the camera some time in January, it'll be available right here on CL.

Sorry to hear about your car (and the lack of Leica funds). You'll get one eventually, I'm sure!

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:48 pm 
That is a dream combination Bjorn! Have you decided yet on the most difficult question of all... Silver chrome or Black paint? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:38 pm 

That's a really difficult question indeed. But I have decided, after changing my mind at least 50 times. I will buy the black paint version.

I actually visited the London Leica store a second time to see which I'd prefer, the steel grey or black M9. Steel grey is sexier (silver chrome even more so), I have to admit, so I decided I'd get that one at the time. Then when the M9-P was announced, I realized the black paint version, without the flashy logos was the ultimate street photography camera. As discreet as it gets (of all 35mm digital cams). So I sent an email to Leica to make the reservation.

My real dream combo is the M9-P with the 35mm Summilux, as lately I've been shooting wide-angle a lot. That's a further 1000 euros more expensive though, so I couldn't have gotten it before Christmas. In the new year I'll sell off the rest of my Sony equipment, and after some saving I'll pick up the 35 Lux in Paris. Already on the waiting list for that too! :wink:

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:01 am 
That is just perfect, M9-P with a set of 35 and 50 summilux lenses. Nice clean black... Very nice.

Now let it be Christmas time! :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:57 am 

a bit late to see this thread but I'll checkin with my M8 :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:24 am 
There's a number of Leica enthusiasts though,myself included. And some, like me, are hard at work saving money to buy a rangefinder!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:00 pm 

I own an M6 with the 50 Summicron and the 35 Summilux. I am totally in love with it, especially because it is analog.
As for the rangefinder, I dont think I need to explain how amazing this system is.
Here are a couple of pics from the last few months.

Using the 35 Summilux and a provia 100 slide film

Using the 50 Summicron and an Ilford Pan 400 film
Image[/url]