Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:46 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:59 pm 
Hello, is it worth of buying a spyder 3 to calibrate this monitor for post-processing to get an accurate colour? Or its better off getting an IPS monitor?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:00 pm 
An IPS monitor is not calibrated. You'll just end up with a more accurate calibration afterwards,because of it's qualities.
Yes,it's worth buying one. I calibrated mine by eye,after a few hours of comparing photos & watching calibration charts. I have a good eye,but a Spider is still a much better option.
In the future,after you'll get the Spider, you will need to be careful to "syncronize" the profiles of the photos you save & the printer that you'll use to print those photos. It's as important as calibrating your screen. Otherwise,certain under-qualified employees will open your photos,assign a different profile & ruin your colors,tones,brightness,contrast etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:04 pm 

Actually, my Dell Ultrasharp u2711 IPS panel comes calibrated out of the factory, it's just that the default margin for error (Delta T) is a bit higher than what you'd get with a spider.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:32 pm 
which version of Spyder do you recommend to use or if you have tried spyder before which version have you got with you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:24 pm 
I honestly don't have a clue for the differences between the pro version & the more budget one of the Spyder 3. (at least,the pro should be faster in terms of calibration speed)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:31 pm 
I'm just wondering if theres any good under £300 IPS monitor out there with a decent size", I currently have a 24" SyncMaster monitor which is quite good but probably not great for photography/post-processing. So far I'm just kinda getting some ideal monitor and prices before purchasing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:47 pm 

I'm quite fond of the Dell Ultrasharp range. The 2711 will be out of your price range, but consider maybe the...2311h or something similar.