Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:47 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:33 pm 

Hi,

I recently purchased my first DSLR, a friend of mine recently attended an 8 week (1 night per week) course called Camera Skills (through Sydney Community College) and said it taught her a lot about understanding her camera and now she is experimenting with MF rather AF.

It looks like I have just missed out on the enrollment so I was hoping some locals could recommend some beginners courses. I am going overseas at the end of the year for a few weeks and want to do as much of 'experimenting' here in Sydney so I can take good photos abroad.

In addition, I have had the book "Understanding Exposure" by Brian Peterson recommended to me. Thoughts, suggestions, recommendations?

Cheers,
Rich

photography by [ fresh ]
beach, travel & street photography
http://www.facebook.com/photographybyfresh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:23 pm 

Hi Richie,

Depending on where you're located, I took a course with a guy called Greg Ford - Sutherland Shire Photography. This course gets booked out real quick so check out his website. His classes run for 10 weeks I believe and offers a good mix of classroom and field work. I took it last year and it was fantastic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55078072@N06/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:46 am 

Thanks Chopper, I checked out his website, but probably a bit too far of a commute for me. I have booked in on the next beginners course at Sydney Community college in the Sydney CBD as I work close by! Cheers again

photography by [ fresh ]
beach, travel & street photography
http://www.facebook.com/photographybyfresh