Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: exposure
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:37 pm 
iam using canon 500D,when iam taking photo in manual mode exposure always blinks in -2. if there is any problem or something else please any one can clarify my doubt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:42 pm 

The problem is that the exposure you've set is more than 2 EV too dark, and that's the way the camera's meter tells it to you. Even in manual mode where you set the exposure yourself, the camera will meter the scene and tell you whether it thinks the exposure is too dark, too bright or correct.
In your case you need to make sure more light gets onto the sensor, either by having a longer exposure, opening up the aperture more or increase the ISO sensitivity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:36 pm 

If it ALWAYS blinks -2, you may have the EV set to -2. How do your pics look?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:11 pm 

The exposure (light) meter on the XXXD/rebel series only goes to +/- 2. I the reading is ay -3 then the pointer sits on -2 and flashes to indicate out of range.

Move the wheel on the top to the left until the pointer moves back into the middle. When it is exactly at 0 then the exposure will be what the camera thinks (using it's metering algorithm) is a perfect exposure. The shutter speed should be the same as when using Av mode where you have set the aperture and ISO and the camera has calculated the shutter speed. From the cameras guess you can then adjust you settings slightly to your liking.

Canon EOS 30/33 and Pentax MX/ME Super
Rollei 35S

MY FLICKR!