Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:39 am 
My suggestion for a February theme - or later.

Taken from one of my favorite books of all times:

"The Design of Everyday Things"

Cheers :-)

Post subject: assignment....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:58 am 
well you could all humor me and do what i had to for my photography exam many moons ago,a day in a life(real world) but in portrait.
would like to see what you all come up with. :)
but it was a long time ago...
sneeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:09 am 
LahLahSr wrote:
My suggestion for a February theme - or later.

Taken from one of my favorite books of all times:

"The Design of Everyday Things"

Cheers :-)

I think that's a good one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:07 am 
Site Admin

These are all great suggestions for possible future assignments, but as winner of December's assignment, Drazen Gal gets to choose the theme for February!

If you want to officially name the theme for March, simply enter and win January's assignment!

Keep the suggestions coming though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:31 am 
OK.

I like the idea of "TIME". anytime, past times, a time when, as time go's by, this time in, what time is, etc. .

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:02 pm 
Greetings folks!

I like all the ideas for the Feb theme, but as a Dec 2007 winner I'll stick to the my already posted "living place" theme"

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Drazen Gal - right, we now have a theme and will set the next contest off on Friday 1st February.

Drazen, between now and then, do you have any further tips on your theme - or any further rules?

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:52 pm 
Greetings!
I have no new rules or tips, just pick up the camera and do your best in place where U live!

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:20 pm 
I think it would be a good idea to create a winners gallery. Dose that sound good to anyone? We could probably host it on flickr. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:45 pm 
JAlexC wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to create a winners gallery. Dose that sound good to anyone? We could probably host it on flickr. :)

Sounds like a good idea - Gordon? :D

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:05 pm 
I like the idea.

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:56 am 
I think Speed would make a great theme for next month, a winners gallery is a great idea. i can't wait till i get a dslr so i can make my own entrys! :D

Tomis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:18 am 

This may have already been posted but, what about a film noir style assignment. Give a certain situation and you have to illustrate it film noir style

my Blog
"Photography isn't so much about the results as it is the collective experience, your interactions with people and with the world"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

Nice suggestions!

A winners gallery would be good, but we'd have to have permission from all the entrants to show their pictures. Maybe we could do it as a shared group on flickr where people upload their own?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:22 am 
hi everyone,
ive been away for awhile, but i did have a suggestion...obviously given my moniker i have a bias towards military but how about some military monument...as we have members from all over the world itd be an intresting learning experience, at least for me, to learn about other country's iconic moments...my experiences are to brits, canadian, aussie, slovakians, and a few other that im forgetting (apologies) that were all in the middle east...and i know here in the states in DC the most inpressive is the IWO, or marine corps war momorial but thats been done...there are a few here in san antonio i know...this has gotten to be a short story...so lemme know what you guys think!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next