Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:05 pm 

I have been starting to get flash triggers and looking at getting some cheap extra flashes so I can start doing different types of shots. I don't have a studio or anything. But I have been looking at light stands and umbrellas to put the flashes on.

My dilemma is do I want to buy a pretty good priced kit that comes with two light stands, two shoot through umbrellas, two brackets, and two reflective umbrellas. With the light stands having a max height of 7 ft. Or do I want to get that all separate and get taller light stands say 10 ft? If I buy it all separate I will spend around 30 dollars more but will have a little better quality.

Now if people find 7 ft tall enough I would just go with the cheaper kit since I don't take that many pictures requiring this setup.

Thanks,

-Cord

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:42 pm 

Cord,

I'm curious if it is this package you're considering, which I own. 7 feet stands have been sufficient for me. Only once is a rare situation I needed more height and I had my wife hold it up. Course, don't know if you use an assistant, but a large chair, box, or other object can come in handy. Again, though, very rare am I needing a taller light stand.

As far as the kit goes, was a great price for me being a student. Not the best stuff, I imagine, but don't know what to compare to. Ever since I started using off-camera flash, photography has becoming even more enjoyable, challenging, and rewarding. Really fun. Good luck!

Yungnuo YN560 + YN560ii (x2) + Cactus V4

WISHLIST: 300 f/2.8
FORMER: Canon 5D + 40D + 450D + 18-55mm + 28-135mm + 50 f/1.4 + 100 f/2.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:26 pm 

Yeah that is the kit that I was looking at. Thank you for your response it was very helpful. So when the time comes which should be pretty soon I hope, I will have to pick up this kit. Thanks again MrKman!