Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:10 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:14 pm 
This is a birthday present for my fiance. Her old point&shoot refuses to focus properly now so it's time to upgrade. I've looked at the reviews for:

Panasonic TZ20
Canon SX230 HS
Sony HX9V
Nikon S9100

and the all seem much of a muchness. Nothing stands out as a clear winner. She wants good image quality, but it would be normal photo prints not 100% on screen so all are good enough (I think). Also good zoom (her old camera was 3 or 4x zoom) so she can get those slightly further shots. Low-light usually ends up with flash.
It's mostly for quick photos while travelling or meeting friends/eating out etc. or when I don't have my Nikon D5000 with me.

I'm erring towards the Canon over the Panasonic at the moment (partly because the Panasonic won't have English menus here in Japan although that's not a problem for her, only me :P)

Any thoughts?
Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:09 am 

I was looking at those exact cameras and was going to get the Sony HX9V until I decided to get a DSLR because after selling my last DSLR a year ago I miss the performance that comes with them.