Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:35 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:40 pm 
Hello everyone! I've been looking around on the forum and have watched several of the tutorials on camera labs over the past few weeks.

I've had a camera but its always been just a point and shoot, recently me and the girlfriend went to florida on holiday and we took her new cyber shot point and shoot. I spent most of the time taking pictures during the holiday and although i got some good pictures i always wondered what it would be like to have a better camera...
At the end of the holiday we went to watch the last ever space shuttle launch Atlantis...EPIC! it was the best thing i have seen with my own eyes, and the amount of camera equipment that was there was mind blowing. I got talking to this US chap who had a high end DSLR and he shown me the pictures he got of the shuttle lifting off from the launch pad....Fantastic!
I actually so the NEX 5 over there and had a play with it in the camera shop, after i got back i startedto look into the sony NEX and was about to buy a NEX 5 when i descovered the c3 was about to be released....

I've had it for just over 2 weeks now and its great! i'm really impressed with it. I've got the twin lens kit and have also bought a old second hand sigma 70-210mm zoom lens and a minolta 50mm macro lens.

I've been mostly using the camera in auto mode and love the 18-55mm lens, i'm struggling with the 70-210mm lens, i think its just down to the age of the lens, the pictures i take never look in focus although i have taken some fairly close up pics of flowers in the garden with nice blurry backgrounds etc...Same again with the macro although i'm willing to spend a little more time with that one before giving up on it (the 70-210 was dirt cheap from ebay) and the macro was slightly more..

I've spent the afternoon just driing round the local countryside and pulling up when i thought something looks interesting to take a picture of.

I'm of course verry new to this and i've never had a DSLR before but i am looking forwatd to learning more. Also i would like the sony 18-200mm zoom lens but the price tag is a little expensive at the moment..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:55 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome on-board GRUSS! I haven't tested the C3 myself, but I loved the NEX 3 and 5 and it's pretty similar, so I reckon you've made a good buy there...

PS - I was also at the Atlantis launch! See my article here:

http://www.cameralabs.com/features/STS- ... otography/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:51 am 

Welcome to the forum, GRUSS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:01 pm 
Thankyou very much for the warm welcome!

Gordon...will you be reviewing the NEX c3 and any of the upcoming new lens?

I think it was the space shuttle launch that gave me the inspiration to get a decent camera! shame there wil be no more.. :(