Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:28 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:38 am 
Hello freinds well as time goes on we get better at what we do as i am finding out with photography (love it ) i am looking to purchase another lense but i am so having a hard time deciding between the tamron 17-50 XR DI II F/2.8 and the tamron 28-75 D F/2.8 XR Now i want this lense mainly for family functions , BBQ'S ,POOL,XMAS some portraits and so on your input on these would be appreciated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:19 pm 

My girlfriend has the 28-70. Nice lens, pretty sturdy for a tamron, and the optics seem to be pretty good. You might miss the wide angle of the 17-50 though, but that depends on your shooting style. 70mm is nice for portraits though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:26 pm 
Id get the 17-50 for the wide angle.

IMHO 50mm and 70mm isnt that much difference on the long end, where as 28mm and 17mm is a huge difference on the wide angle, but maybe thats just my style of shooting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:28 pm 
Thanks for your input i was steering towards the 17-50, but wanted to see what people thought of the 28-75