Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:50 pm 

Your checking 2 months later. Definitely the pics have been taken down. Its served its purpose of being "useless" since it wasnt ever analyzed but for a few sparse people who helped.

I dont know what tickled you but you can keep your personal comments about what you feel regarding my attitude to yourself.

So you came to an age old post to tell me i wont receive any replies ? Whats wrong with you.

If you have an attitude to judge other people here, i think i can be aggressive with my posts. Nothing wrong in that.

Ofcourse i was in a hurry, with an 'expensive' faulty lens, and just a day or 2 to return it. And because i couldnt get a picture comparision, i now have the faulty lens, thanks to members like you, who wanna play shrink instead of help with the actual subject at hand. And its pretty daft you came 3 months later expecting the link to work and offer free counselling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:58 pm 

As you stated you still have the lens, and since you bought it new, you should still have a warranty and can send it in for calibration. This may help with your issue.

Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II
Canon 430EX II
Opteka 13mm, 21mm, and 31mm extension tubes
Vivitar 50mm f/1.8 for OM System

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:58 am 

Hi BleuDragon,

But theres no sigma service in my area. Its done by other people ill trained. They dont actually have a service center here. They just have a tie up with some small workshops. Firstly the seller never gives the actual address of the service center tel numbers or address (proving its some shoddy fly-by-night repair guy whom theyve cajoled to 'act' as a service centre) and he asks to hand it over to him and that he will mail it to that guy who will in turn meddle with it and send it back.

Further i lost faith when i called a canon service centre, another fly-by-night tie up, the guy there said.... "what lens, a canon lens", then is asking someone in his place "we repair canon ???", for a long time they were unsure if they do canon, then a crude worker guywho cant speak any english comes to the line and says "oh its a canon lens ?, actually we do canon lenses, we have done a few too !!, but they are very difficult to repair sir, send it in and ill ~see~ what i can do. Else ill send it to xxxxx city and ask them to do it :) because im not sure"

So i wanted to issue them a consumer court notice and guess what, theres only 1 guy with a cellphone who claims hes the sales manager. When i asked where his office is, he refused to inform me, said he has no office but works from home. Where will i even send the court notice for deficiency in services ?? That too in a metro city like mine. The head office i believe is in another city 2000 miles away, my court doesnt even have jurisdiction there, cant summon him from another city. Id drather suffer with the lens. They play on these points, outright deprivation of your consumer rights, knowing that you cant fight them because they are unreachable. As long as your lens works ok then all is fine.

Im a person who keeps my gear in showroom condition. Literally. For example, My 3 year old lens which ive used quite regularly will look like it was taken of the showroom shelf, not even handling or hairline scratches. I cant bear to see these guys mail it, damage it, scratch it and give it in worse condition. In my country ive experienced this all too often and several of my brand new products (phones, laptops) taken in for service and given back with several additional scratches repair marks. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:15 pm 

I'm sorry to hear that.
I understand what you are referring to as I also try to keep my equipment looking nice. They generally last longer when you do.

Have you tried to manually focus? If it is just the autofocus, and if your camera has micro-adjust, you might be able adjust the setting and get a better picture.

Canon 430EX II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:42 am 

I have the canon 500d and 550d bodies. I dont think they have micro adjust. But im able to get by with some shots. Its very tought to maually focus with a UWA. You can hardly tell through the viewfinder as to whats in focus and whats not.

The only way is to use the zoomed focus checking on the lcd and go from there i guess ?

How do you manual focus with this lens Bleu ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:59 am 

Most of the time, having it set to infinity will get you a good shot. Once I put it on manual focus, then forgot it was on manual focus and still took reasonable pictures. Unless you are getting close most of the time you will be using it at near infinity.

But I do not know your shooting style. I just gave you mine.
So for you, why not take several pictures, the same picture with various focal distance settings, and then see how it performs?

You can also find a test online that will determine if your lens front focuses or back focuses. If that is the case, then let it autofocus, then manually adjust it just a bit and you should be able to get a decent picture.

Canon 430EX II