Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:46 am 
Hi,
I have a Tamrac sling bag that holds my Canon 7D, 10/22 EFS, 18/200 & 50mm 1.4. and i need to carry my ipad in my hand or in a separate bag.

I am looking for a bag, that would carry my ipad (or MacbookPro 13") and my Canon 7D + 1 Lens, and have space for a water bottle, passport, etc etc.

Since i have to carry two separate bags (one for the ipad or macbook and one for the camera), i rarely end up taking my camera when i travel (which is quite frequent). I am looking for a backpack that will let me carry my laptop or ipad with my Canon 7d and one lens so that i can carry my camera wherever i go.

Any suggestions???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:24 am 

Have a look at the Lowepro Fastpack range. I use the 350.

http://keystrokesukimages.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:57 am 

If I were you, I'd have a look at the Lowepro Pro Runner 350 AW (failing that size-wise, the Pro Runner 450 AW will be the best option), or the Lowepro Pro Trekker 300 AW :).

My photos on Flickr...

Last edited by Joris Van den Berghe on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:49 pm 

I agree with Joris Van den Berghe take a look at the Pro Runner range. I have a 450 and love the bag.

P.S if you buy the 450 take a tape measure with you to the airport and a printed copy of the hand luggage sizes. The baskets they ask you to put the bag in are smaller than the regulations and I ended up arguing with the person on the check in for 5 minutes until she finally let me through :D

Oh that is so lame, every hot girl who can aim a camera thinks she’s a photographer -Stewie Griffin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:06 am 
Saturday 08-06: ordered the "Kata DR 467i BB"

I'll probably cobble the laptop sleeve into a bladder because the water bottle/tripod holder looks tender - and duct tape the shoulder straps so they slide on and off easier under a full load. Anyway, I liked most of the specs and the price and already looking at a waist fanny pack that attaches to the bottom; I'll use this for spare clothing/rain gear and a seat when the ground is wet. That's about all i can comment on for now....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:58 pm 
Quote:
Canon 7D, 10/22 EFS, 18/200 & 50mm 1.4.
The camera/lens/flash storage insert that comes with the "Kata DR 467i" will require creative adjustments to carry your gear. The 7D with a lens attached will probably lay sideways for the best fit. The divider that separates the top and bottom compartments will unzip for more room, though this is probably not the right backpack for the job.

I've been experimenting with carrying camera and lenses in the top compartment while filling the bottom with spare clothing, food - basically things that weigh less because my back likes the heavies riding up higher. But the padded insert doesn't fit or zip closed very well when it's used up top, and my home made solutions are proving to be tricky