Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:17 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:35 pm 
http://www.facebook.com/groups/176388905763006/

charging $538.00 to clean any pro lenses off the bat- without even knowing what's wrong with it, before any work has been done.

attitude on the phone at a managerial level.

camera rubber should be free if the camera is under warranty, and Nikon is notorious for it.

3 week parts hold for anything that would need a part.

not responding to emails in due time.

If you've been spurned or don't wanna get spurned, please join our group as an attempt to make a difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:53 am 
I'm pretty sure you just have the camera in quiet mode though. That's the only reason lenses would need cleaning and they would be jerking you around......

Seriously though the people in Richmond don't seem too bad. Didn't have to pay for anything obviously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:49 am 
What are you talking about?

Post subject: spurned
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:50 pm 
Quiet mode=dusty lenses? I dont get it either....

If he means richmond, b.c., then that is our local (vancouver area) nikon service centre.

But Yikes, nearly five and a half bills to clean a lens.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:37 pm 

palakaboy;
Quote:
What are you talking about?

I think he's trying to be witty :roll: http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27025

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:56 pm 
oh that's cool that he thinks he can crap on my thread because I tried to help out on his.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:57 pm 

Oh, I see. Nice one Shaunr! :lol:

Gear: 7 Nikon Nikkor AI-S and AF-S lenses, SB-700 flash, Nikon D7000, Nikon FM, variety of accessories

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs."
- Ansel Adams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:05 pm 

A solid investment for NOT getting any help in the future.

But to go back to the topic: Nikon does sometimes strike me as a "scumbag" company. They screwed early D90 adopters by not updating the video mode (no manual controls), NPS membership is very expensive (you need a couple of "pro" lenses, two pro bodies, a reference from an NPS member, and even then repairs are very expensive). Only the high end bodies feature metering with non-cpu lenses (crippled camera firmware).

Meh, I can't say I like Nikon as a company. Love the cameras, but the company...nope :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:13 pm 
I actually think Nikon are alright as a company. That does seem expensive though.

Used to be with Leica, and their repair service seems a bit of a rip off for what you get. Although I have never had a major repair undertaken whilst with Nikon.

I think you could point out gripes with all companies. Canon doesnt even give you lens hoods!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:40 pm 

As a company, I don't actually find Nikon too bad. So far, my experience with their customer service has been excellent. I've used their "Live Online Help" service multiple times (You can find it here if you're looking). My only gripe would be that their products are, well, extremely expensive. I was looking at battery grips for my D7000 a while back, and while 3rd party ones generally run about $50-$100, the Nikon ones cost $300! It's to be expected for a company to charge more than a product is worth, it's how they make a good profit, but sometimes I get frustrated at how much their products can cost.

Gear: 7 Nikon Nikkor AI-S and AF-S lenses, SB-700 flash, Nikon D7000, Nikon FM, variety of accessories

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs."
- Ansel Adams