Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:30 pm 

patti wrote:
Thomas, are you gonna post one? Luis? Roy? Bob...Gordon...Emp..Big Pix...Bjorn....Ormina? dd_, Zorro..Roy, notsane whatcha got?

I've got a concept in my head, but because of the constant bad weather (no sun at least), I don't think you're going to see a photo of me this month.

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:38 am 

For the first time ever, I'd like to take part in 'On Assignment.'

But I need reallllllly detailed explanations and instructions on how to get my image shown.

I've heard that it needs to be posted somewhere on the Net first but I don't use flickr(or anything similar) !

Hope I can get some help on this :)

Signed,
SnS

my flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:43 am 

Hi SnS,

May I wish you a warm welcome to the CameraLabs forums.

You are right. The photos have to be hosted elsewhere on the Net. Tomas created a post describing how to post pictures which you can read by clicking this link.

Bob.

P.S. I've just noticed your "On Assignment" entry. I edited the text to show your picture. The trick is to find the address of the right sized thumbnail as you can see by clicking the Edit button in that post. Don't worry about the "list" and "url" tags - they are there just for nicety. The most important part is the Address of the image contained within the [img]..[/img] tags.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:05 am 

photoj.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...whoooohooooo..I am going back to look at that again...right now,
soooo much to see.. But I wanted to tell SNS that construction site could be here, in California..(except there is no freeway runnin by or any little pink houses)...SnS...great colors there...what is that gonna be..what are they making?

I have to get busy, we are almost at mid month....and I am still empty handed...

sheesh.

patti

Last edited by patti on Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:19 am 

patti,

There's still plenty of time to snap away. I only placed an early entry as I know I've not much time with plenty of work and assignments for the next two weeks. Glad you found my entry interesting to warrant a second viewing. Good luck.

http://www.edtangphotography.com
http://journeysintophotography.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:43 am 

photoj,

let me echo patti on this one - that's one great picture! I'd really like to be able to see it larger even (with any and all watermarks you want :-) )

Haven't I seen those stairs in a couple of movies? Da Vinci Code? One of the Tomb Raider flicks?

Anyway, that picture has a great "impact" somehow and is a pleasure to let your eyes wander over, again and again!

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:21 am 

patti wrote:
I wanted to tell SNS that construction site could be here, in California..(except there is no freeway runnin by or any little pink houses)...SnS...great colors there...what is that gonna be..what are they making?

I have to get busy, we are almost at mid month....and I am still empty handed...

sheesh.

patti

Its going to be my new school hall + library building.
Fully air-conditioned :)
Damn it, I was happy with the way it was. Now we have to sit cross-legged for more than an hour during assemblies...
(Thankfully im in my school's Photography Team so I get to roam about on alternate Wednesdays[when the assembly is]. Woo! Thats this Wednesday!)

my flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:04 am 

Sure - by demand here's a mildly higher resolution version of my entry:

Thank you for your comments so far.

EDIT: I've taken down my larger unwatermarked image for copyright security reasons.

Last edited by Photoj on Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:06 am 

it looks like something out of irobot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:53 pm 

How. :shock:

You could get away with cropping the left part of the photo (about 1/3 of the size) and claim that part had come from a painting. I guess it's a mix of how the wide-angle works and the lighting at that particular moment. The center is a bit too bright, though - maybe it could had benefited from the use of a UV filter?.

PS: A photo that size breaks the page (width of the thread) for some of us. Maybe it would had been better to post a link to the full size? :)

PPS: And yes, I do have a much bigger display at home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:09 pm 

How is that now? I've resized it so that it just about squeezes into the frame now.

I rarely ever use a UV - only when I'm out in the elements and want to stop water, sand, dust blowing into the lens. I used a soft ND4 grad to darken the glass roof as I didn't have any other grads with me at the time (I wasn't planning to take landscapes). luis, I agree with you that the centre is partially over-exposed, and that's where I could have done better, but it was a balance over not losing the detail in the shadows as well.

The painting effect is less to do with the lens, but my tinkering: I inverted the image and then added a touch of diffuse glow to soften the scene, before re-inverting it back to normal. The wide aspect did throw some distortion which you can see on the people, and gave great DOF.

Last edited by Photoj on Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:16 pm 

oh, my heart!!! It looks almost alien...and beautiful, all at once.
like this can NOT be a building...surely, it is not from here...
Looks like a cross between A Clockwork Orange and Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Way to go, SnS...keep those photos coming, good to see you are continuing your edakatin..

Wednesday you will be on the roam? I am checking back on Thursday then..you'll have them all sorted out by then...

and the rest a yas, don't forget that Valentines day is almost here.
Yes, it matters...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:42 am 

patti wrote:
and the rest a yas, don't forget that Valentines day is almost here.
Yes, it matters...

patti

lol then the topic of this month should have been Valentines?

but then i'd have nothing much to submit :oops:

SnS

my flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:52 pm 

SnS. That is ok, send me the chocolate...

STEVE!!!....That is a perfect shot of Pikes...I can almost smell the ocean!!
And yip, that is where starbucks got started. I have to say I have sipped a cup there, and loved every drop...Something special about Seattle....This photo is one of em... I am gonna hafta get really busy if I intend to even be on the board with this months assignment.
I love that shot.

And Dr. McQ...that one you submitted is pretty cool.
I know Orinma is working on something, too..

The bar raises again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:24 pm 

Thanks patti, & honestly I’m waiting to see your submission :). Hope its coming soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next